Is It Just Me? - Page 7

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Is It Just Me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

Quote:
,then make sure the relevent authorities pay to sort it out.
Good luck with that.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

dango Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #62

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post

Good luck with that.
OK if the authorities don't pay up then that IS a problem.

I would like to hear whether anyone has had this situation and what their response was.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3306 Times on 1861 Posts
Likes Given: 18894

This is not a medicine of our making but medicine forced upon us all by a tyrannical over-lord and cohorts...! The chronic questionable events in some past five decades have left me with more questions than answers...!

I,m not saying I don,t believe , but am saying that I have many practical unanswered questions..! I,m very open minded and when all we have is a controlled media , how does one find closure ?

Example: 9/11 , four planes way off coarse over the period of how long ? No curiosity , no launch of fighters , no action of any kind to prevent this..? NY city ,DC. are we really that vulnerable...?

Acceptable collateral damage..! An interesting term , opens a door of doubt in that we can be told anything and expected to believe it..! And no ,I don,t believe in the "Boogie-man"either..! This Boston thing will take some interesting twists and turns. ! Is it really that easy to attack Americans on American soil..? Why do these new regulations seem to be so effective against us and not so effective towards those who wish us harm..? We can lock down entire communities and not stop the smallest attacks..! Questions , nothing but questions...!

Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 143 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 139

Good people, don't take the bait. Bloomberg trolls have infiltrated all forums, trying to stir up lawful gun owners to look like kooks. They're pretty easy to spot.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #65

Liked 4207 Times on 2062 Posts
Likes Given: 829

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter
OK then guys what's the alternative how do they get their man without going door to door?

do they wait it out and risk the guy escaping back to another terrorist cell or escape the country.

What if someone was harboring them in a 'safe house ' .

I don't hear anyone complaining when the troops buldoze people's houses to make a new road cos the other is full of ied's in Afghanistan
What about their rights or does it not matter cos their not American?

Sometimes you have to get the job done and it ain't pretty.

Would i be angry if I got stuff smashed up? Well yes of course but I would understand why,then make sure the relevent authorities pay to sort it out.

your armed forces and police always seem to work on the basis of having overwhelming firepower and force when dealing with situations. they have been doing it to other countries for years .there's no point getting all pissy about it now your getting a taste of your own medicine.
I'm thankful of 2 things right now.

That American soil isn't treated as a war zone,
And that you're not in charge

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 PM   #66
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 535 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Martial Law wasn't declared and that's a fact, but they didn't have to. A city of over one million people were told to lock themselves up in their homes, which they did. No guns were confiscated, cause there aren't any. They were told not to go to work and they complied. Businesses were certainly shut down. Public transportation was at a stand still. Schools and colleges were locked down. Taxis were told not to pick up any passengers and they obeyed. I've never seen a city this scared before that shut down.

How come NYC didn't shut down after being attacked by planes that killed over 3000 people. No one knew what was out there, or if there was a second wave coming? No one knew who was out there, or what would be done next. People were told not to let the terrorists win and to not let them prevent them from conducting business as usual and living their lives, which they did. Cowering was not acceptable then, so why is it accepted now? Something's in the water up there in Mass. and it's mixed with Kool-Ade.

I guarantee if that 19 year scumbag slipped away from the police after a shootout in Kennesaw Ga. he would've been road kill by nightfall with all the armed citizens there and I doubt if anyone would've been accidentally shot by the authorities by mistake. In Boston that little bastard could have had his pick of practically any home to invade and it's occupants would have been unarmed and helpless. They were lucky he only invaded an empty boat. He was a dummy and in his panic even drove over his brother while trying to get away. The police should have never let him get away.

While watching all the Boston sheep celebrating and waving flags last night after the all clear was sounded, caused me to be embarrassed for them patting themselves on the back saying we got him. Uh no, you all were hiding and it was a homeowner going out for a smoke after being locked in his home and a couple of police bullets that got him.

I did see something last night on TV that I never saw before. During the press conference the police complained about how very tired they were. What? Tired? When I was in LE I stayed up 48hrs., or more with no complaints. I never heard cops say that at a news conference, ever. They have one dead cop and one critical and they're tired? Maybe their useless governor can send them to a health spa for some R&R.
I was in New York on 9/11 and believe me Manhattan island was shut down tighter than dick's head band. All the bridges were closed.Wall Street was shut down, all the national monuments were closed. Yankee games were cancelled as well as all the Broadway shows. I know because I went to the first Yankee game after 9/11, a very emotional game. Last but not least, if you don't remember...all commercial airlines were grounded for a few days following 9/11 in the entire country.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

dango Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #67

Liked 499 Times on 298 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
I was in New York on 9/11 and believe me Manhattan island was shut down tighter than dick's head band. All the bridges were closed.Wall Street was shut down, all the national monuments were closed. Yankee games were cancelled as well as all the Broadway shows. I know because I went to the first Yankee game after 9/11, a very emotional game. Last but not least, if you don't remember...all commercial airlines were grounded for a few days following 9/11 in the entire country.
Are you seriously going to compare a kamikaze attack by two passenger jets to an attack by two scumbags with two pressure cookers? They shut down the entire city of Boston, cause a 19 year old got away after a 10 minute gunfight on foot. After 10 minutes there should've been a tight net around those turds. Where was their aviation unit with a chopper equipped with infra red equipment to see in the dark. Damn it, even Kolifornia had them at their disposal, while chasing car thieves. They should've just shut down the immediate area where he got away, while wounded, by flooding the area with all the backup they could find and not worry about the whole damn town.

It was mostly lower Manhattan that was filled with security. There was a ton of smoke, ash and toxic chemicals in the air as well that created a serious hazard. It even traveled east across the borough of Queens where Shea Stadium was located. I don't think fans would sit to watch a ball game and breath in a poisonous substance at the same time. Are you getting my point yet?

Planes were kept from flying for a good reason I think and that was decided by the feds and not a mayor, or governor. I think that was common sense, don't you?

NYC police closed the nearby Brooklyn Bridge, which was possibly another target. If your memory recalls after the first bombing they locked up the blind sheik and others plotting to bomb our bridges. A friend of mine flew a chopper and evacuated people off the roof after that first bombing. Two sky scrapers came down burying over 3000 people this time around. Numerous NYPD and Port Authority police, as well as firemen and 1st responders, were killed after they responded to the scene. The rest of the city didn't lock down at all. Businesses stayed opened where the air allowed them to breath. Many streets in Manhattan where at a standstill do to vehicles trying to get in and out of the city. No one was told to hide behind locked doors.

Regardless of how many possible mistakes were made in Boston it takes balls to face down anyone with a gun, especially when having explosive devices thrown at you, as well. The bastards were gotten, so now just sit back and watch the libs up there make excuses for this murderous SOB and express the need to attempt to find out if it was his brother that was the evil influence and he was also a victim.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 04-22-2013 at 11:12 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #68

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Huh? No it wasn't. No-one was locked in their own homes. Kept off the streets. Locked in their homes. No door-to-door searches (though I don't know that the Boston Police over-did it frankly). Yeah, southern tunnels and bridges were closed while paper and dead peoples' ashes made their way across the East river. Planes were grounded. I don't really get the comparison... Jumbo jets as weapons of mass destruction into skyscrapers and maybe truck bombs, who knew... People could walk across and soon drive over any bridge and THEN drive or take public transportation in and around the remaining 4/5ths of the city.

Thousands died and millions helped each other, everybody, and fought back as best they could in that way. If those two Boston terrorists had done what they did in NYC they might have well considered commiting suicide becasue something tells me they wouldn't have gotten far.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-23-2013 at 01:19 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 04-23-2013, 02:17 AM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 535 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Huh? No it wasn't. No-one was locked in their own homes. Kept off the streets. Locked in their homes. No door-to-door searches (though I don't know that the Boston Police over-did it frankly). Yeah, southern tunnels and bridges were closed while paper and dead peoples' ashes made their way across the East river. Planes were grounded. I don't really get the comparison... Jumbo jets as weapons of mass destruction into skyscrapers and maybe truck bombs, who knew... People could walk across and soon drive over any bridge and THEN drive or take public transportation in and around the remaining 4/5ths of the city.

Thousands died and millions helped each other, everybody, and fought back as best they could in that way. If those two Boston terrorists had done what they did in NYC they might have well considered commiting suicide becasue something tells me they wouldn't have gotten far.
No one was locked in their homes in Boston either. There was no martial law. The police requested people to stay out of the way to help them find the bad guys and that's what they did. I was responding to an inaccurate account of what happened after 9/11.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

People Like This 
Old 04-23-2013, 02:39 AM   #70
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
I had a police helicopter and a score of cops all over my property (even broke down a locked gate) to get through it when they thought they had tracked down a murderous fugitive here. They said to stay inside and if he were in there to yell -- they'd hear me. I told them that if he's in the house that's not what they're gonna hear, and after searching the house soon joined them w/my own gun and maglite outside.

That's the difference between being a citizen and a subject.
Quote:
No one was locked in their homes in Boston either. There was no martial law. The police requested people to stay out of the way to help them find the bad guys and that's what they did. I was responding to an inaccurate account of what happened after 9/11.
these are Hock's own words from a thread he started. just to help you put his comments into better context.