Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Is It Just Me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3679 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Oh, and FYI, while the gubment was running around screaming that the sky was falling, and how everyone needed to stay inside and be afraid, it was Johnny citizen who went out on his porch to have a smoke and id'd the suspect.

Cops didn't find ****, a citizen did.

The cops telling everyone to stay inside impeded their 'investigation'...,, less eyes looking out.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #52

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Oh, and FYI, while the gubment was running around screaming that the sky was falling, and how everyone needed to stay inside and be afraid, it was Johnny citizen who went out on his porch to have a smoke and id'd the suspect.

Cops didn't find ****, a citizen did.

The cops telling everyone to stay inside impeded their 'investigation'...,, less eyes looking out.
If the cops are going house to house I am sure they don't need other people getting in their way, there would always be a risk of others getting shot by mistake, it's not like its not happened before.

Of course public vigilance is essential, the police will always appreciate that type of support.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post

^^^THIS mindset represents a greater threat to my vision of liberty in this country than two punks with pressure cookers ever could.

Around 40 Americans are murdered every day in this country. Which puts the death toll at around 240 since the bombings took place.

But hey, let's declare exigent circumstances and go door to door across America, its for the kids and ****.
I get the fact that there are circumstances where Leo's overstep and agree that it shouldn't be tollerated and should be challenged in the right way. But in SPECIAL circumstances I Dont think it's the right time for people to get too precious.

For me it's about judging the individual specific situation and not generalizing .

Let those who are paid to do a job, do it with your support, if they over reach then you have a system in place that can deal with it.

I don't think entering your house to check for terrorists is unreasonable in THIS specific situation , what if that guy did not spot the terrorist he may have entered his property while he was asleep. Having a home defence weapon is no guarantee you won't be killed, although I believe it gives you a better chance of survival.

I am not a big fan of government overstepping their powers either.But I do think in SOME circumstances governments do have your best interests at heart.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #54

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

9,000 well-fed armed guys outta their vehicles. We could have taken New Brunswick and Ontario! Oh well, next time...

Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1124 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
Bullish!t - didn't happen.
It didn't happen because nobody resisted.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter

I get the fact that there are circumstances where Leo's overstep and agree that it shouldn't be tollerated and should be challenged in the right way. But in SPECIAL circumstances I Dont think it's the right time for people to get too precious.

For me it's about judging the individual specific situation and not generalizing .

Let those who are paid to do a job, do it with your support, if they over reach then you have a system in place that can deal with it.

I don't think entering your house to check for terrorists is unreasonable in THIS specific situation , what if that guy did not spot the terrorist he may have entered his property while he was asleep. Having a home defence weapon is no guarantee you won't be killed, although I believe it gives you a better chance of survival.

I am not a big fan of government overstepping their powers either.But I do think in SOME circumstances governments do have your best interests at heart.
Oh yeah, apply the magic 'T' word, and circumstances change. Funny how that works. Mention little brown people with beards and the constitution doesn't apply.
Then the whole city can be locked down and homes torn apart looking for the 'terrorists'.
Hopefully they start doing that in Chicago, kids are dying, man.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2712 Times on 1592 Posts
Likes Given: 16660

That is the thing that bugs me the most..! They have the right to break down any door they wish to..! Seems they have an excuse that's acceptable by most
And that's enough..! Until , it's your door ..! It may very well be your door and then ,it won,t be alright.!

We can't connect because it's not us , but when it is , then people will see the wrong here and the extent of lost rights these vague bills and laws strip away .!

No cause , no investigation , KGB rings a bell here..! Any one on hear-say alone
Can be targeted..! There is no (I know my rights)..! You can not em-power people with that kind of power to be used against us nor can it be acceptable..!

Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #58
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1124 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Just look at the ever-popular "Patriot" Act. It was an "emergency" stop-gap for the time right after 9/11, which has now been 12 years in the past. They have never shut it down, but wth all the snooping, surveillance, reading of emails, searching web sites, and even after a warning from Russia, the superstars of the Fed had no idea that the Boston bombers were any threat. So they invade your privacy and mine when we are doing no wrong, but obvious threats are passed over.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #59

200+ years ago, Adams, Jefferson, Washington, Hamilton etc... Would have been considered terroritsts.

Heck, for that matter, native Americans would have gladly been lumped into the all defining term 'terrorism'...

dango Likes This 
Old 04-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #60

OK then guys what's the alternative how do they get their man without going door to door?

do they wait it out and risk the guy escaping back to another terrorist cell or escape the country.

What if someone was harboring them in a 'safe house ' .

I don't hear anyone complaining when the troops buldoze people's houses to make a new road cos the other is full of ied's in Afghanistan
What about their rights or does it not matter cos their not American?

Sometimes you have to get the job done and it ain't pretty.

Would i be angry if I got stuff smashed up? Well yes of course but I would understand why,then make sure the relevent authorities pay to sort it out.

your armed forces and police always seem to work on the basis of having overwhelming firepower and force when dealing with situations. they have been doing it to other countries for years .there's no point getting all pissy about it now your getting a taste of your own medicine.