Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Is It Just Me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 01:42 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5178 Times on 2955 Posts
Likes Given: 4394

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy View Post
Sheeple are those who believe without any effort to determine facts. Sheeple are those who follow without question. Sheeple are those who listen to right wing extemist crap radio and think they are hearing the truth. Sheeple are those who want to believe America is on the brink of destruction. Sheeple are the ones who start screaming about financial collapse because somebody told them that's what going to happen. I get sick of listening to sheeple whine about how life used to be and how it will never be again. And now the sheeple are screaming about what happened in Boston. The sheeple are screaming about illegal search and seizure...nothing was seized. Sheeple, name ONE thing that was taken away from a private citizen during the search for these two terrorists? NAME ONE THING THE POLICE DID WRONG EXCEPT RISK THIER LIVES TO FIND THESE TERRORIST. How do sheeple get like this? Have a nice day and good luck.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You articulated it far better than I could have.

Problem is, far too many here have juvenile fastasies of society collapsing and them becoming Rambo or Mad Max.

Collapse isn't what they fear, it's what some idiots want.

Golda Meier.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #22

Liked 276 Times on 189 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

You articulated it far better than I could have.

Problem is, far too many here have juvenile fastasies of society collapsing and them becoming Rambo or Mad Max.

That's why I can't understand how people want a zombie apocalypse. First off, it's fictional, second off, why is the odds of something-thousand to one fighting appealing?
I like the humor and pop culture value of it, but I take seriousness of such a thing with a grain of salt

Old 04-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5178 Times on 2955 Posts
Likes Given: 4394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
That's why I can't understand how people want a zombie apocalypse. First off, it's fictional, second off, why is the odds of something-thousand to one fighting appealing?
I like the humor and pop culture value of it, but I take seriousness of such a thing with a grain of salt

It's a great escapist fantasy. But unfortunately some folks think it's real.

Golda Meier.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #24

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
...In general, no one around here (I live about 60 miles from Boston), is saying much of anything negative about how it was handled.
clr8ter;
We know your Left-of-center, pro-Administration, perspective on these forums. You and your neighbors' proclivity to be subjects, subserviant to the whims of the state you embrace, are recognized. I know you think you speak for the rest of the people between your home and San Francisco but you don't. A major metropolitan area was closed down for a wounded 19 yr. old pothead student who escaped by running over his own brother in a stolen SUV and they still couldn't keep up with him?

An entire nation sympathizes with Boston and we all desparately wanted to catch #2, but there are alot of people who see issues with how things developed from beginning to end. Of course now we're being trained that this wasn't a terrorist act anymore -- since he flew the Saudi suspect home, the fastest deportation in the history of the U.S., Hussein Obama has been referring to it as a "tragedy" like it was an accident.

Preparedness, the theme of this particular forum, doesn't mean blindly following orders and accepting being considered an obstruction -- a distraction to authority -- who's very survival is a matter of luck subject to the vagueries of anyone with a gun no matter how much you personally prefer to be told what and where your place in the flock is. There ARE different opinions.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-21-2013 at 02:30 AM.
People Like This 
Old 04-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 165 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus

thank you, thank you, thank you.

You articulated it far better than i could have.

Problem is, far too many here have juvenile fastasies of society collapsing and them becoming rambo or mad max.

100%^^^^^^^^^^

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

manta Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #26

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post

100%^^^^^^^^^^
2nd it ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 04-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #27

Liked 1675 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1127

I am not hoping for a shtf situation. I hope that I never have to defend myself with a gun. But I am one of the people that if the police came to my door and told me to wait outside while they searched my home, the answer would be..."Got a warrant?"

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #28

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I am not hoping for a shtf situation. I hope that I never have to defend myself with a gun. But I am one of the people that if the police came to my door and told me to wait outside while they searched my home, the answer would be..."Got a warrant?"
Do you think that our troops in Afghanistan get a warrant when looking for terrorists in people's houses.

Since time is of the essence they can't afford to worry about your sensibilities. After all you may have been taken hostage.

Old 04-21-2013, 04:48 PM   #29

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Boston and Massachusetts has been taken hostage. And Stockholm Syndrome set in long ago. Baaa...

sheeple.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-21-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #30

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

No it is not just you. We have been going down-hill ever since John Wayne died. The old American spirit has got up and left, we are becoming serfs under a feudalistic society (I am waiting for the sheriff of nottingham to knock on the door.)

Jim

Newest Threads