Is It Just Me? - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Is It Just Me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
I was thinkin the same thing while I watched it live. Is america really cowering at ONE young extremist?
This is an example of terrorism at it finest.
One man wreaks chaos and makes himself seem like a larger force than he really is. Real terrorism.

Now, lets see someone like that come here to the SOUTH. I guarantee ya all the rednecks and coonasses won't be hidin in their homes, waitin for the government to do somethin. We would be huntin him like an animal.
And get yourselves shot in the process for being confused for the perp!

After the 7/7 bombing the spooks ended up shooting an innocent guy called mendez several times in the head on the tube without warning cos they thought they saw a wire sticking out of his back pack.

Best stay out of the way the days of rounding up a posse are over.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #12

Liked 1078 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 710

A lot of people here are talking out their ass. There was no martial law declared. People's rights were not being trampled. Neither the cops nor anyone else was misbehaving.
Consider this: if this happened in your city, and the cops did nothing, how pissed would you be? These guys, (and then just one), were considered extremely dangerous, considering what they did. How exactly did anyone expect the cops to react?
In general, no one around here (I live about 60 miles from Boston), is saying much of anything negative about how it was handled. My single question is how did the cops let the kid get away, with their massive firepower they had, (and apparently used).
Also note their extreme restraint in taking him alive. I'd probably not have done that myself.....

Old 04-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #13

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

My buddy who lives and works in the area was happy to stay home, it was a free day off for him. Sure, he had his doors locked and kept his kids inside all day but he spend the day loitering on Facebook and the news sites.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
A lot of people here are talking out their ass. There was no martial law declared. People's rights were not being trampled. Neither the cops nor anyone else was misbehaving.
Consider this: if this happened in your city, and the cops did nothing, how pissed would you be? These guys, (and then just one), were considered extremely dangerous, considering what they did. How exactly did anyone expect the cops to react?
In general, no one around here (I live about 60 miles from Boston), is saying much of anything negative about how it was handled. My single question is how did the cops let the kid get away, with their massive firepower they had, (and apparently used).
Also note their extreme restraint in taking him alive. I'd probably not have done that myself.....
Again, I agree. There are a lot of paranoid jerks here that are spouting off with unsubstantiated lies and rumors that their warped minds want to believe, instead of looking at the facts. NO martial law, NO orders, just reasonable requests so innocent citizens would not be mistaken for baddies, NO doors knocked down, NO innocent citizens harmed by LEOs, NO attempts to disarm citizens. YES people kept informed as much as possible, YES limited chaos (natural human reaction to the unknown ), YES heavy patrols to protect the citizens from what could have been a broader danger. Would you want a smaller response so there would be greater chance of citizen death or injury. My opinion is "shock and awe" whether it is one perp or 100. Maybe, just maybe, it will help deter someone doing something similar in the future, show our determination to get justice, and to show the world that it's hopeless to destroy what we have.
All in all, a pretty good ending to a bad situation. I think the authorities should be commended for their actions and their restraint.

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

People Like This 
Old 04-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3057 Times on 1770 Posts
Likes Given: 1898

As to OP's point about lettin' all these scumbags in and how it's ruining our country, just imagine how Native Americans (the First People) feel. We are all immigrant stock, even 1st people.

Good vent though, I'm glad you feel better.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIKIJUTSU
It's a prime example of an abusive dictatorship demonstrating its power over the people. This is what will be attempted all over the U.S. if Obummer has his way. If there was ever a sample of unlawful search and siezure, this is it. If any resident refuses to allow the cops or the National Guard enter their home or business, they will have their doors broken down, they'll be knocked around, handcuffed, and likely arrested. Welcome to 1937 Germany.
Bullish!t - didn't happen.

Pasquanel Likes This 
Old 04-20-2013, 08:30 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1
I was thinkin the same thing while I watched it live. Is america really cowering at ONE young extremist?
This is an example of terrorism at it finest.
One man wreaks chaos and makes himself seem like a larger force than he really is. Real terrorism.

Now, lets see someone like that come here to the SOUTH. I guarantee ya all the rednecks and coonasses won't be hidin in their homes, waitin for the government to do somethin. We would be huntin him like an animal.
Bullish!t.

People Like This 
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1413 Times on 926 Posts
Likes Given: 3028

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
A lot of people here are talking out their ass.
I thought that's what the Internet was for?

You're probably right, but the whole thing just struck a nerve.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Sheeple are those who believe without any effort to determine facts. Sheeple are those who follow without question. Sheeple are those who listen to right wing extemist crap radio and think they are hearing the truth. Sheeple are those who want to believe America is on the brink of destruction. Sheeple are the ones who start screaming about financial collapse because somebody told them that's what going to happen. I get sick of listening to sheeple whine about how life used to be and how it will never be again. And now the sheeple are screaming about what happened in Boston. The sheeple are screaming about illegal search and seizure...nothing was seized. Sheeple, name ONE thing that was taken away from a private citizen during the search for these two terrorists? NAME ONE THING THE POLICE DID WRONG EXCEPT RISK THIER LIVES TO FIND THESE TERRORIST. How do sheeple get like this? Have a nice day and good luck.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

People Like This 
Old 04-21-2013, 02:31 AM   #20

Liked 503 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Martial Law wasn't declared and that's a fact, but they didn't have to. A city of over one million people were told to lock themselves up in their homes, which they did. No guns were confiscated, cause there aren't any. They were told not to go to work and they complied. Businesses were certainly shut down. Public transportation was at a stand still. Schools and colleges were locked down. Taxis were told not to pick up any passengers and they obeyed. I've never seen a city this scared before that shut down.

How come NYC didn't shut down after being attacked by planes that killed over 3000 people. No one knew what was out there, or if there was a second wave coming? No one knew who was out there, or what would be done next. People were told not to let the terrorists win and to not let them prevent them from conducting business as usual and living their lives, which they did. Cowering was not acceptable then, so why is it accepted now? Something's in the water up there in Mass. and it's mixed with Kool-Ade.

I guarantee if that 19 year scumbag slipped away from the police after a shootout in Kennesaw Ga. he would've been road kill by nightfall with all the armed citizens there and I doubt if anyone would've been accidentally shot by the authorities by mistake. In Boston that little bastard could have had his pick of practically any home to invade and it's occupants would have been unarmed and helpless. They were lucky he only invaded an empty boat. He was a dummy and in his panic even drove over his brother while trying to get away. The police should have never let him get away.

While watching all the Boston sheep celebrating and waving flags last night after the all clear was sounded, caused me to be embarrassed for them patting themselves on the back saying we got him. Uh no, you all were hiding and it was a homeowner going out for a smoke after being locked in his home and a couple of police bullets that got him.

I did see something last night on TV that I never saw before. During the press conference the police complained about how very tired they were. What? Tired? When I was in LE I stayed up 48hrs., or more with no complaints. I never heard cops say that at a news conference, ever. They have one dead cop and one critical and they're tired? Maybe their useless governor can send them to a health spa for some R&R.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 04-21-2013 at 03:34 AM.
People Like This