Just an idea
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Just an idea

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4541 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1031

Default Just an idea

For you preppers. My friend is kind of a hoarder, but he does something extremely cool. He pilfers junk yards and gets all types of lawnmower, weedwacker, etc engines and fixes them. I've seen him fix 2 kerosene heaters for under 25 dollars worth of parts, and they work like new. Great learning experience, and you can do a lot with old generators and alternators.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2012, 01:53 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1506 Times on 984 Posts
Likes Given: 3271

My great uncle once told me a story about when he was young and cutting wood with friends. They were cutting up logs with cross cut hand saws. One of them figured out how to put an A model Ford up on blocks, wrap a belt around the drive wheel, and used that to power a saw. He really loved that set-up.

Point of the story is that there is a lot we could do with everything that is available to us today like all those engines.