Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Jericho...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Jericho...

Hey guys, anyone used to watch the show jericho on cbs? Iv always wanted to see what others have thought about the shtf preps/survival skills in the show. Any input?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #2

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

It's a great show. I just finished it a week or so ago on netflix. Why the hell did they cancel it half way through a season. On a cliffhanger episode of all things . Some aspects of the show are rather unrealistic, like the town flocking onto the streets the second it stops raining radioactive fallout. But something that can be taken from the show is structure is key. The people of the town were frightened and immediately started looting after the power went out, and needed a leader (in this case the mayor and his sons). People need organization and strong leadership. Another thing that can be learned is, if you have a survival shelter, make sure its ready to be inhabited at any given time. (The fallout shelter was in ruins at the hospital and the people had to resort to trapping themselves in a salt mine). Having some sort of security force is also a good idea. But there wasn't much by way of actual prepping in the show, nonetheless I enjoyed it alot. Really liked that Hawkins character.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 12-29-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2004 Times on 1088 Posts
Likes Given: 723

Another one who wishes it hadn't been cancelled. Just when we thought we were going to get to see Texas kick some @ss.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-29-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1073 Times on 694 Posts
Likes Given: 1996

I vaguely remember that show. It was a good show to watch for entertainment, but I don't think it was very realistic. In shows like that, food and supplies just always magically appear from somewhere. I don't think food would just magically appear in reality. You would either have enough stored to get by or you would be in serious trouble after a very short amount of time. And at some point someone would also have to put in the work to grow and harvest more food. I don't remember anyone starving to death on that show, or people abandoning the town because there was no food or clean water. Just my .02

Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #5

Liked 258 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 362

uhmmm .... i remeber the farm the guy owned and they had all the town help him harvest ... I thought that show was incredibly realistic ... screw gold and silver , salt and wind turbine generator parts were bartered ... because Of that show i sold my silver and bought guns

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-29-2011, 07:34 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Watched it in the spring of this year on Netflix. Having never lived through a nuclear attack, I wouldn't know if it was "realistic" or not. However, the scenarios each episode played out seem to have been well grounded in fact, even though they might have been sprinkled with some Hollywood magic dust.

I give this show two thumbs up

Old 12-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #7

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I loved watchin it, pissed me off when they cancelled it. That show is what got me thinking...and prepping for shtf

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456
It's a great show. I just finished it a week or so ago on netflix. Why the hell did they cancel it half way through a season. On a cliffhanger episode of all things . Some aspects of the show are rather unrealistic, like the town flocking onto the streets the second it stops raining radioactive fallout. But something that can be taken from the show is structure is key. The people of the town were frightened and immediately started looting after the power went out, and needed a leader (in this case the mayor and his sons). People need organization and strong leadership. Another thing that can be learned is, if you have a survival shelter, make sure its ready to be inhabited at any given time. (The fallout shelter was in ruins at the hospital and the people had to resort to trapping themselves in a salt mine). Having some sort of security force is also a good idea. But there wasn't much by way of actual prepping in the show, nonetheless I enjoyed it alot. Really liked that Hawkins character.
Did you see season?

Old 12-29-2011, 11:27 PM   #9

Sorry season 2?

Old 12-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #10

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon12312 View Post
Sorry season 2?
Yes I did. Well what there was of it. It just seams odd that they would cut it off at Episode 7.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity