Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Jericho... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/jericho-54324/)

Jon12312 12-29-2011 01:22 AM

Jericho...

Hey guys, anyone used to watch the show jericho on cbs? Iv always wanted to see what others have thought about the shtf preps/survival skills in the show. Any input?

gmaster456 12-29-2011 03:03 PM

It's a great show. I just finished it a week or so ago on netflix. Why the hell did they cancel it half way through a season. On a cliffhanger episode of all things :mad:. Some aspects of the show are rather unrealistic, like the town flocking onto the streets the second it stops raining radioactive fallout. But something that can be taken from the show is structure is key. The people of the town were frightened and immediately started looting after the power went out, and needed a leader (in this case the mayor and his sons). People need organization and strong leadership. Another thing that can be learned is, if you have a survival shelter, make sure its ready to be inhabited at any given time. (The fallout shelter was in ruins at the hospital and the people had to resort to trapping themselves in a salt mine). Having some sort of security force is also a good idea. But there wasn't much by way of actual prepping in the show, nonetheless I enjoyed it alot. Really liked that Hawkins character.

ScottA 12-29-2011 03:18 PM

Another one who wishes it hadn't been cancelled. Just when we thought we were going to get to see Texas kick some @ss.

TLuker 12-29-2011 06:00 PM

I vaguely remember that show. It was a good show to watch for entertainment, but I don't think it was very realistic. In shows like that, food and supplies just always magically appear from somewhere. I don't think food would just magically appear in reality. You would either have enough stored to get by or you would be in serious trouble after a very short amount of time. And at some point someone would also have to put in the work to grow and harvest more food. I don't remember anyone starving to death on that show, or people abandoning the town because there was no food or clean water. Just my .02

Gh0zt36 12-29-2011 07:28 PM

uhmmm .... i remeber the farm the guy owned and they had all the town help him harvest ... I thought that show was incredibly realistic ... screw gold and silver , salt and wind turbine generator parts were bartered ... because Of that show i sold my silver and bought guns :)

falseharmonix 12-29-2011 07:34 PM

Watched it in the spring of this year on Netflix. Having never lived through a nuclear attack, I wouldn't know if it was "realistic" or not. However, the scenarios each episode played out seem to have been well grounded in fact, even though they might have been sprinkled with some Hollywood magic dust.

I give this show two thumbs up:cool:

dragunovsks 12-29-2011 08:51 PM

I loved watchin it, pissed me off when they cancelled it. That show is what got me thinking...and prepping for shtf

Jon12312 12-29-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmaster456
It's a great show. I just finished it a week or so ago on netflix. Why the hell did they cancel it half way through a season. On a cliffhanger episode of all things :mad:. Some aspects of the show are rather unrealistic, like the town flocking onto the streets the second it stops raining radioactive fallout. But something that can be taken from the show is structure is key. The people of the town were frightened and immediately started looting after the power went out, and needed a leader (in this case the mayor and his sons). People need organization and strong leadership. Another thing that can be learned is, if you have a survival shelter, make sure its ready to be inhabited at any given time. (The fallout shelter was in ruins at the hospital and the people had to resort to trapping themselves in a salt mine). Having some sort of security force is also a good idea. But there wasn't much by way of actual prepping in the show, nonetheless I enjoyed it alot. Really liked that Hawkins character.

Did you see season?

Jon12312 12-29-2011 11:27 PM

Sorry season 2?

gmaster456 12-29-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon12312 (Post 662383)
Sorry season 2?

Yes I did. Well what there was of it. It just seams odd that they would cut it off at Episode 7.