interesting though about body in SHTF... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > interesting though about body in SHTF...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I have to agree with you on the pics as far as the girls are concerned. The one gal appears to be anorexic or something. That is not healthy. I can imagine that an unnaturally skinny guy may not appeal to a gal, but I would describe myself and my boys more as "lanky". The difference is we are naturally skinny with a fast metabolism and a healthy diet. No fast food, very little processed food, no sodas or sugared-up drinks, no smoking, that sort of thing. We aren't health food Nazis or anything, but we do eat healthy food. I see guys and gals pretty often out here who are vegans or vegetarians and they appear to me to be unhealthy and unnaturally thin.

On the other hand there are guys out there who are body builders and have low body fat, but they can also be very unhealthy and might appear to be more attractive to you.

Then again, I probably could have seriously grossed you out when I was younger with my Auschwitz survivor impression.
Don't care for body builder types either. I actually chuckle when I see guys at the gym that don't put their arms down when they walk. I just feel that people should strive to be what's healthy for their body and not starve themselves. I teach 8th grade and it's heartbreaking to see the low self esteem of some of my students because they are naturally curvy or when people call them fat simply because they are busty. I think health should be priority number 1. Yes, your death camp impression would have probably freaked me out as a kid. Haha
__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Body builders are one of the most "unhealthy" people. I put unhealthy in quotes because people like jay cutler and all of them during contest season are running on 2% body fat and completely dehydrated! I'm 6'2 as well, around 175-180 but fit, but in no way am i unhealthy, Zombie girl, that picture sums it up

__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94browninghunt
Body builders are one of the most "unhealthy" people. I put unhealthy in quotes because people like jay cutler and all of them during contest season are running on 2% body fat and completely dehydrated! I'm 6'2 as well, around 175-180 but fit, but in no way am i unhealthy, Zombie girl, that picture sums it up
I love UFC fighting and it is the same for those fighters. They cut weight and then they look gaunt and tired. I think they should just fight in the weight class that works for their bodies.
__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #44
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,559
Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11540

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
Don't care for body builder types either. I actually chuckle when I see guys at the gym that don't put their arms down when they walk. I just feel that people should strive to be what's healthy for their body and not starve themselves. I teach 8th grade and it's heartbreaking to see the low self esteem of some of my students because they are naturally curvy or when people call them fat simply because they are busty. I think health should be priority number 1. Yes, your death camp impression would have probably freaked me out as a kid. Haha
When I was in high school I went Trick or Treating as an Auschwitz survivor. I wore some rags with a yellow Star of David on it and I would suck in my gut and you could count my ribs, with my shoulders slung forward my clavicles would stick out and you could actually grab onto the bone with just skin keeping your fingertips apart (heck, I just did that and I can still grab the bone!).

The ironic part is that I was in excellent shape, I was on the rowing team and we were one of the best in the state, we regularly beat some college teams when we were in high school. But when I wanted to I could look like a skeleton. I tried everything to gain some weight, or at least some body mass. It was pretty embarrassing. The upside of it was that they never had to do X-rays on me. All they needed was a bright light and they could see everything! Well, that and when I went to anybody's house their moms would always feed me very well. I had it worked out where I would go to 5 different friend's homes every night at their given dinner time. I had it all timed out perfectly. I would eat 5 full dinners nearly every night and then go home and have another.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:12 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

When I was in high school I went Trick or Treating as an Auschwitz survivor. I wore some rags with a yellow Star of David on it and I would suck in my gut and you could count my ribs, with my shoulders slung forward my clavicles would stick out and you could actually grab onto the bone with just skin keeping your fingertips apart (heck, I just did that and I can still grab the bone!).

The ironic part is that I was in excellent shape, I was on the rowing team and we were one of the best in the state, we regularly beat some college teams when we were in high school. But when I wanted to I could look like a skeleton. I tried everything to gain some weight, or at least some body mass. It was pretty embarrassing. The upside of it was that they never had to do X-rays on me. All they needed was a bright light and they could see everything! Well, that and when I went to anybody's house their moms would always feed me very well. I had it worked out where I would go to 5 different friend's homes every night at their given dinner time. I had it all timed out perfectly. I would eat 5 full dinners nearly every night and then go home and have another.
Any strange looks from people passing out candy?? That's definitely not a costume that I see on a regular basis.
__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #46
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,559
Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11540

Default

It actually went over pretty well as I tended to get more candy than my friends did (for teenagers who were still trick-or-treating but wearing costumes). It definitely got some attention, but my costume was not mocking in any way. One of my best friends at the time is Jewish (one of my nightly stops for dinner) and his parents loved it.

__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:48 AM   #47
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
94browninghunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Darien,IL
Posts: 311
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I love UFC fighting and it is the same for those fighters. They cut weight and then they look gaunt and tired. I think they should just fight in the weight class that works for their bodies.
I'm an mma fighter just train and do few fights a year just at amateur level. I dont cut weight, i just fight at the weight i train, i feel comfortable with it. BUt yes most MMA fighters cut weight and go for the fighter look, kinda hurts their game.
__________________
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson
94browninghunt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1818 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
It actually went over pretty well as I tended to get more candy than my friends did (for teenagers who were still trick-or-treating but wearing costumes). It definitely got some attention, but my costume was not mocking in any way. One of my best friends at the time is Jewish (one of my nightly stops for dinner) and his parents loved it.
The last time I went trick or treating I was 26 and went with my niece and cousins. We had a blast and it was nice to feel like a kid again. I still look young, but don't think I could pull off trick or treating.
__________________
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #49
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,559
Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11540

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
The last time I went trick or treating I was 26 and went with my niece and cousins. We had a blast and it was nice to feel like a kid again. I still look young, but don't think I could pull off trick or treating.
Last time I went trick-or-treating was probably 5 or 6 years ago as a chaperone for my kids (now 14 and 16) who don't care to do it anymore. I wore a Clifford The Big Red Dog costume (still have it, as well as a Hagrid costume I wore the year before) as a chaperone. If you carry a wine glass with you around here it will be filled up at least every other house.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 3,051
Liked 1503 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 3267

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I just feel that people should strive to be what's healthy for their body and not starve themselves. I teach 8th grade and it's heartbreaking to see the low self esteem of some of my students because they are naturally curvy or when people call them fat simply because they are busty. I think health should be priority number 1.
That was well said.
__________________
TLuker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Is there any body out there joshfireart Wyoming Gun Forum 9 04-22-2014 02:17 PM
bolt body kzink General Rifle Discussion 4 01-08-2010 01:22 PM
Does any body OC ? dango Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 21 06-02-2009 01:33 PM