interesting though about body in SHTF...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > interesting though about body in SHTF...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default interesting though about body in SHTF...

I was studying biochemistry today...talked about appendix and all that good stuff. Lead me to think about prehistoric humans, their everyday life would be Super SHTF for us. So most of us are thinking we'd need a six pack body, able to run 100 meters, or a mile, and be completely fit. Which in turn means you will have no fat reserves. Looking back our ancestors were fat and stocky= go on for a few days without food.

That^^^ is better than this:

^(anyone who dk him, thats justin beber...worst singer ever)

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #2

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Good,, my ancestors would be very proud of me then.. lmao

Old 05-24-2012, 05:08 PM   #3

Liked 199 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 109

If you think about the local street people, they are also living in a post apocalyptic SHTF scenario as well.

Whatever happened to them in their lives, loss of jobs, loss of homes, too much debt, too much alcohol, too much drugs, born mentally ill, or whatever, modern society does not have any practical room for them anywhere, and so modern society simply does not exist for them anymore.

I think about them all the time because they are all over downtown panhandling around the office buildings where I work.

Last edited by Shoobee; 05-24-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Sonic82 Likes This 
Old 05-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Looks like I was wrong. Even with all my skill my girl will have a better chance of survival. Damn,I was planning on eating her. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Sonic82 Likes This 
Old 05-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #5

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
looks like i was wrong. Even with all my skill my girl will have a better chance of survival. Damn,i was planning on eating her. Lol
lmao......

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 05-24-2012, 09:38 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1302 Times on 846 Posts
Likes Given: 2726

Everyone's going to have an opinion on this one and mine is that some body fat is a good thing no matter what. A few years ago my gail bladder quit working. I dropped 40 lbs in 1 1/2 months because I couldn't keep food down (starvation). I am very thankful that I had some extra pounds to loose. I've often wondered how that would've turned out if I hadn't had a few extra pounds of body fat? That does't mean one shouldn't still be in good shape though.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #7

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker
Everyone's going to have an opinion on this one and mine is that some body fat is a good thing no matter what. A few years ago my gail bladder quit working. I dropped 40 lbs in 1 1/2 months because I couldn't keep food down (starvation). I am very thankful that I had some extra pounds to loose. I've often wondered how that would've turned out if I hadn't had a few extra pounds of body fat? That does't mean one shouldn't still be in good shape though.
Exactly, everyone knows in zombieland the first rule is cardio, and the fatties go first. That means I'm screwed. Lol

Old 05-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

right up until 1900's if someone was skinny it meant they were poor and undesirable, in other words ugly. skinny being pretty is really only a modern thing. the super models of today would be mocked and ridiculed for their hideousness a century ago...

historically fat was a sign of success in life and a very desirable thing to be. it meant you had a very good job and was successful in life

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 05-25-2012, 12:02 AM   #9

Liked 199 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 109

If SHTF it is the skinny ones who will die off first.

That's what happened in WW2 Europe and Asia when the embargoes and the war production took over. Especially in Japan and Germany.

Each 1/2 lb of body fat is a day's worth of energy. That's a day that a skinny person, male or female, does not have.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:06 AM   #10

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default What a Great Day!

I've just learned a) I'm gorgeous and b) I'm gonna live forever!!!

Seriously tho, skinny people get sick and die early in emergency situations. Sorry. Now, foreheads -- what girl we'd call an egghead today were considered beauties before the time round-women were.

high-foreheaded-beauty.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 05-25-2012 at 12:15 AM.