Interesting Show

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Interesting Show

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1400 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 2999

Default Interesting Show

I stumbled across this on Youtube. It's basically people learning to operate a Victorian era (1900) farm in England. It was interesting to see the transition period between the old ways and modern society. I've only watched the first episode but I thought it was pretty interesting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-13-2014, 05:08 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

"Frozen in Time" as they said.
I'd bet there are a lot of us (me incl) who would LOVE to have such a year of olden days. (I guess as long as we were healthy) but this is an interesting experiment.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1400 Times on 919 Posts
Likes Given: 2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjohns3 View Post
"Frozen in Time" as they said.
I'd bet there are a lot of us (me incl) who would LOVE to have such a year of olden days. (I guess as long as we were healthy) but this is an interesting experiment.
I just watched the 2nd episode and it was just as interesting as the first. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

Over the last several years I've been trying to be more self sufficient. I don't ever plan on trying to be completely self sufficient because I love my modern conveniences to much, but I do want to go in that direction. It was really interesting for me to see the transition period between when people were mostly self sufficient and modern life where we are almost completely dependent for everything. They were applying new machinery to age old tasks but they were still performing those tasks for themselves.

It's also been interesting to see how changes in technology in that period still affect us in ways we don't think about.