Inexpensive Military Surplus, Great hunting gear
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Inexpensive Military Surplus, Great hunting gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 07:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Default Inexpensive Military Surplus, Great hunting gear

Found some military gear I wanted to share. Love military surplus great quality fo the price. whats your favorite military surplus gear/clothing?

USMC

German Flectarn Parka
Austrian Parka

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #2
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3077 Times on 2089 Posts
Likes Given: 657

I've got a few different "cases" for stuff. Plus some Bags, I have an old ALICE pack...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 753 Times on 504 Posts
Likes Given: 49

God I've got at least 2 full sets of TA-50 I acquired when I was in. Add that to the sets of 3 different pattern camouflage uniforms I was issued I have a lot of surplus

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3077 Times on 2089 Posts
Likes Given: 657

Oh well,..clothes I have a fair amount of,...and boots I bought,..Why? You want a pair of Danner Mtn. Boots size 12E?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 05-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

great stuff, for the price I dont mind beating it up

Old 05-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 23

that's pretty much all I use. You have to be careful tho In a Marshal law SHTF situation if they see in full camo your done for, Just a word to the wise for any newbies to the prepping world.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:55 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

maybe, hard to say

Old 05-27-2014, 04:44 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1520 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristoi View Post
that's pretty much all I use. You have to be careful tho In a Marshal law SHTF situation if they see in full camo your done for, Just a word to the wise for any newbies to the prepping world.
Why would one need a camo? A good hunter could hide from a platoon of recon rangers and a pack of dogs wearing a white long sleeve shirt, jeans and converse one stars. I would be more worried about running out of smokes than being caught. I am not worried about food. Horsefish are running all summer. I could use the remains of the horsefish to catch something else. A 10 lb horsefish would keep the dogs and marines busy until I got away, again.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 05-27-2014, 10:35 AM   #9
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6015 Times on 2974 Posts
Likes Given: 6381

I was an idiot when I retired, turned in all my extra TA50 (I had a truckload of the stuff) and didnt look back. Should have kept it all and waited a couple 10 twenty years to ebay it! I still have a few duffles full of new boots, brand new tagged and labeled BDU uniforms and some of my private purchase battle rattle (Pace beads, various knives and sleeping crap). Wife has already tried to encourage me to Garage sale them but I cant bring myself to do it yet, (MAYBE NEVER!!!!). Only piece I still consistently wear is my old Gortex, in 21 years of service, I think that was the most improved field gear the Army ever made (though I still love and have my OD and Camo Field Jackets, they were just sponges when it rained)! The new Summer and winter BDU BB Caps were pretty sharp also, ear flaps on winter and vents on summer cap made them much more useful than the OD cap that would never keep its shape for any time.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:24 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Why would one need a camo? A good hunter could hide from a platoon of recon rangers and a pack of dogs wearing a white long sleeve shirt, jeans and converse one stars. I would be more worried about running out of smokes than being caught. I am not worried about food. Horsefish are running all summer. I could use the remains of the horsefish to catch something else. A 10 lb horsefish would keep the dogs and marines busy until I got away, again.
Not every body has that skill set some need help. But Its just never a good idea to impersonate a GI, it can get you dead real quick. I googled horsefish and all it came up with was seahorse. I didn't know they could get up to 10 lbs. or are you referring to some thing else? I personally would be more worried about Army Rangers more then Recon.

Last edited by aristoi; 05-27-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Grr I cant spell