Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Inexpensive Military Surplus, Great hunting gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/inexpensive-military-surplus-great-hunting-gear-106973/)

wolverine_173 05-13-2014 07:44 AM

Inexpensive Military Surplus, Great hunting gear

Found some military gear I wanted to share. Love military surplus great quality fo the price. whats your favorite military surplus gear/clothing?

USMC
German Flectarn Parka
Austrian Parka

DrFootball 05-13-2014 08:20 AM

I've got a few different "cases" for stuff. Plus some Bags, I have an old ALICE pack...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

seancslaughter 05-13-2014 10:45 AM

God I've got at least 2 full sets of TA-50 I acquired when I was in. Add that to the sets of 3 different pattern camouflage uniforms I was issued I have a lot of surplus

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

DrFootball 05-13-2014 10:54 AM

Oh well,..clothes I have a fair amount of,...and boots I bought,..Why? You want a pair of Danner Mtn. Boots size 12E?

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

wolverine_173 05-17-2014 06:34 AM

great stuff, for the price I dont mind beating it up

aristoi 05-26-2014 02:11 PM

that's pretty much all I use. You have to be careful tho In a Marshal law SHTF situation if they see in full camo your done for, Just a word to the wise for any newbies to the prepping world.

wolverine_173 05-27-2014 03:55 AM

maybe, hard to say

John_Deer 05-27-2014 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aristoi (Post 1581775)
that's pretty much all I use. You have to be careful tho In a Marshal law SHTF situation if they see in full camo your done for, Just a word to the wise for any newbies to the prepping world.

Why would one need a camo? A good hunter could hide from a platoon of recon rangers and a pack of dogs wearing a white long sleeve shirt, jeans and converse one stars. I would be more worried about running out of smokes than being caught. I am not worried about food. Horsefish are running all summer. I could use the remains of the horsefish to catch something else. A 10 lb horsefish would keep the dogs and marines busy until I got away, again.

WebleyFosbery38 05-27-2014 10:35 AM

I was an idiot when I retired, turned in all my extra TA50 (I had a truckload of the stuff) and didnt look back. Should have kept it all and waited a couple 10 twenty years to ebay it! I still have a few duffles full of new boots, brand new tagged and labeled BDU uniforms and some of my private purchase battle rattle (Pace beads, various knives and sleeping crap). Wife has already tried to encourage me to Garage sale them but I cant bring myself to do it yet, (MAYBE NEVER!!!!). Only piece I still consistently wear is my old Gortex, in 21 years of service, I think that was the most improved field gear the Army ever made (though I still love and have my OD and Camo Field Jackets, they were just sponges when it rained)! The new Summer and winter BDU BB Caps were pretty sharp also, ear flaps on winter and vents on summer cap made them much more useful than the OD cap that would never keep its shape for any time.

aristoi 05-27-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Deer (Post 1582168)
Why would one need a camo? A good hunter could hide from a platoon of recon rangers and a pack of dogs wearing a white long sleeve shirt, jeans and converse one stars. I would be more worried about running out of smokes than being caught. I am not worried about food. Horsefish are running all summer. I could use the remains of the horsefish to catch something else. A 10 lb horsefish would keep the dogs and marines busy until I got away, again.

Not every body has that skill set some need help. But Its just never a good idea to impersonate a GI, it can get you dead real quick. I googled horsefish and all it came up with was seahorse. I didn't know they could get up to 10 lbs. or are you referring to some thing else? I personally would be more worried about Army Rangers more then Recon.