Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Ice age on it's way?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1354 Times on 1028 Posts
Likes Given: 1765

Default deja vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Someone on another thread brought this to our attention. This is the first article I've come across. Thought it to be good on this forum.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/climatologists-global-cooling-on-the-horizon/?eiid=
Do you know what can bring on the next freeze.......Volcano for one comes to mind......The shift in the atmosphere, It's not what if but when.........It has happened before the dawn of man, what makes you think it won't happen again........With out mans intervention........Who will survive.....????????

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 05-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1255 Times on 709 Posts
Likes Given: 442

If one of the super volcanoes blows we will have a mini ice age at the least. When Krakatoa blew it was the year without summer and crops failed world wide.
It seems lately the scientific opinions and dire predictions go where the biggest grants are.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #23
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 3326 Posts
Likes Given: 4788

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
If one of the super volcanoes blows we will have a mini ice age at the least. When Krakatoa blew it was the year without summer and crops failed world wide.
It seems lately the scientific opinions and dire predictions go where the biggest grants are.
I've often wondered if these predictions are the dog-wagging tail of acedemia pursuing funding.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 05-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
No, we were told the new ice age was going to happen in the 1970's. Instead, we got global warming. Then "climate change". If they're going back to an ice age, fine.

No matter how you slice it, it's man's fault. Always. Because we suck. We're a virus - a plague - on this fine planet. We shouldn't be here. Who are we to interfere with the other 8.7 million species on this planet? Granted, they're comparatively dumb and most of them do, as is their innocent nature, exactly what we do. But they don't suck. Only we do. Never mind humans are unique among 8.7 million other species (that's not an exaggeration) and ponder AND ACT ON things we think about rather than act only on immediate stimuli. We still suck.

If enough people really believe that tripe, maybe we really do suck. If it were possible to press a button an levy an Olympic bitch-slap to each and every one of those who engage in hyperbole and hysteria-mongering, I'd be jumping up and down on the friggin' button for a good long time.

Screw global warming, a new ice age, Yellowstone blowing its top, terrorism, storms, plague, invasion, economic collapse, terminal hemorrhoids, or anything else. Survival prepping isn't about focusing on an event in the future. It's about working to see to you and yours in the worst possible event. It doesn't matter what the event is and it won't ever happen. Ever. But once you plan around that event, you have everything else covered.

That's prepping.
Hit it on the head.

Jimmy

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Newest Threads