Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > I carry a Man-Purse.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I operate heavy equipment for a living. I frequently jump from one piece to another.I carry my lunch and tools of the trade in a jansport pack that is about 15 years old. I have a eye level and folding engineers rule as well as a retractable engineers tape for taking shots of my grade. I also cary engineers ribbon in three colors balc and red markers a leather man metal thermos and all my documents There is a hammer hatchet for digging and driving lathe. I often throw the bag uponto the deck of d-10 bull dozers and other equipment that requires both hands to climb the laders up on and i hate to have to stand on the narrow decks and take off a pack at the top. So I usualy throw it up and grab it as I enter the cab. When I climb down I usualy drop it to the ground and pick it up when i step off the ladder.The pack is beat up ugly stained with grease and oil and ground in dirt on the out side but has never broken and still very serviceable.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Whaja do with the old press photographer?
Took her to Nursing school.
People Like This 
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #33

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

The Walmart bags are pretty sturdy. I get several years of use from them. I usually put something in mine that pokes a hole in the bag or the zipper dies. If the OP is ripping the handle off the bags he might want to look at a backpack with a metal frame. To rip the handle off a Walmart bag he has to load the backpack with 50lb or more. Loading a pack like that requires a metal frame.

Really if he is carrying a backpack by the handle he might be better off with a brick masons tool bag. Backpacks are meant to support the load with the shoulder straps, not the handle. The masons tool bag is meant to be carried by the handle.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 11-12-2012 at 07:43 AM. Reason: mason

Old 11-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #34

Default You need a Man-PACK

You need a Man-PACK. It fits the bill of what you are looking for exactly. It's made of canvas so it's durable. It looks manly, and it's stylish.
check out the website http://www.Man-PACK.com
also check out the funny youtube commercial "The Man-PACK man" It's hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Or a back pack to be specific, all day every day but they keep ripping and tearing and wearing out exceptionally fast, I guess you could call it a bug out bag but it's one that's always with me, to and fro, at work, even when I run an errand so I need something stronger, better and tougher but I'd like it to not be camo or obvious hunting/tacticool looking because I'd get stopped everyday. maybe plain grey or earthy or black would be a doable.

Any suggestions?

By the way, my daughters call it my "Man-Purse" so that's where that came from but hey man! it's not fair women get to carry all that stuff! my pockets are full of too much already! I need a purse...err I mean a bag too!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #35

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron32nd View Post
Man-PACK
Not sure if I like the name...maybe Beau-BAG or Mr. Stuffsack

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #36

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 109

You see many guys on the streets of Manhattan - office types - carrying shoulder slung bags. It is very normal and accepted. Briefcase are no longer - it's forms of bags.

I'd be checking out some business or office supply types shops - especially in the Manhattan NY type area. The one suggestion you got already - the kind of tear drop shaped bags were close.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #37

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Man-pack...LOL

Now I have a new nick-name for my submariner friends.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #38

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Oh no! Not at all! She was just playing the straight man without having to do a thing. She enjoyed it as much as I did- she knew me well enough to know I was just fooling around.

PS. She passed away 5 years ago at nearly 99 years old.
it was in gest

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #39
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7333 Times on 4251 Posts
Likes Given: 9451

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Not sure if I like the name...maybe Beau-BAG or Mr. Stuffsack
Scrotum bag?

Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #40

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Scrotum bag?
That's already reserved for the most valuable jewels.