I carry a Man-Purse. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > I carry a Man-Purse.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 20 Posts

Try Jansport, they have a lifetime warranty. I bought one in '96 and haven't paid for a back pack since, they have replaced my pack twice... No questions asked! The one I have now is about 7 yrs old and shows no sign of wearing out. I take it everywhere, the list of "less than manly" nicknames my wife has for it is nearly endless.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #22

Liked 761 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 274

Check out some laptop backpacks. I picked up mine at Target for less than $30. Tons of pockets; most with bi-directional double zippers. And the rear full length section is padded front and back. Perfect for protecting a couple handguns. I modified mine with two internal holsters that I Velcro in. Had it nearly a year now with no issues.

dhcustomwork.com
/ dhcustomwork@gmail.com
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1178 Times on 755 Posts
Likes Given: 2273

Most of the laptop bags wear out pretty quick if you carry a load in them (such as an old heavy laptop). I use to constantly go through them. I finally found a good one made by Samsonite and still have it many years later.

I had the same experience with back packs. I've got a really heavy "HP" computer back pack that has held up pretty well. One of the better computer back packs I've seen had the Swiss army logo on it but I have no idea who made it. A friend of mine had one of those and it held up real well for him. I would expect Jan sport to hold up as well.

Just expect to pay a lot for any quality back pack that's going to constantly carry a load, and even then it could go to pieces. You just stand a better chance if it costs a lot more but that's not a guarantee.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #24

Liked 3763 Times on 1803 Posts
Likes Given: 664

As a college student at a regimented academy, were all forced to use jansport black backpacks.
Lifetime warranty, and it's held up nicely over 3.5 years.
Wore it out shopping in 3rd world countries too.
In other words, I'm impressed.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #25

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Go to a military surplus store and look for a canvas parachute bag or gear bag. They are pretty durable.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 226 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 462

I use a monsoon gear slinger by maxpedition. It is small durable and has a place for a holster inude it. Multiple colors available too. It is a bag that blends In well for everyday.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 11-11-2012, 04:37 PM   #27
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8108 Times on 4682 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I carry my pistols & stuff in my old press photographer's gadget bag.
Whaja do with the old press photographer?
Old 11-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #28

Unrelated story (other than there is a bag in it) but several years ago I was visiting DC with my mom, aunt and grandmother and we were going into the Congressional Office Building before touring the Capitol, grandma was in a wheelchair and they had her stand up to walk through the metal detector and she left her handbag on the wheelchair. The security guard said "The bag has to go through."

I turned to him and said in my sternest and meanest Dirty Harry voice "WHAT did you call my grandmother??!!"

He just about spit his teeth out apologizing, but I was just joking. Grandma got a great laugh out of it and so did I.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #29

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Unrelated story (other than there is a bag in it) but several years ago I was visiting DC with my mom, aunt and grandmother and we were going into the Congressional Office Building before touring the Capitol, grandma was in a wheelchair and they had her stand up to walk through the metal detector and she left her handbag on the wheelchair. The security guard said "The bag has to go through."

I turned to him and said in my sternest and meanest Dirty Harry voice "WHAT did you call my grandmother??!!"

He just about spit his teeth out apologizing, but I was just joking. Grandma got a great laugh out of it and so did I.
Nothing like a good laugh at the expense of grandma.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Nothing like a good laugh at the expense of grandma.
Oh no! Not at all! She was just playing the straight man without having to do a thing. She enjoyed it as much as I did- she knew me well enough to know I was just fooling around.

PS. She passed away 5 years ago at nearly 99 years old.