I carry a Man-Purse. - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > I carry a Man-Purse.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I get good service from just the cheapo Walmart school backpacks. I use them to haul whatever I need or buy when riding a motorcycle. You would be amazed at how much I can stuff in cheapo back pack. I usually get several years of use from a cheap backpack. I usually spend around $30 on a backpack.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #12

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
I get good service from just the cheapo Walmart school backpacks. I use them to haul whatever I need or buy when riding a motorcycle. You would be amazed at how much I can stuff in cheapo back pack. I usually get several years of use from a cheap backpack. I usually spend around $30 on a backpack.
That's what I've been using, the seam at the top under the handle keeps ripping open, 2 weeks ago I Jerry rig fixed it with some fence crimp staple things and it just ripped back open, think I need to hit an army surplus or there's a gun show next weekend or two, there's normally an army surplus guy there with really low prices.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 05:40 AM   #13

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I hope you guys are joking. That looks worse than a diaper bag!!!
it does?

sy-yd-030-diaper-bag-lg-dots-black-pink-big.jpg

I've been toting around a simple backpack for work all around the northeast for about 8yrs now ... in and out of every major metropolitan hub of transport, through tolls, on buses/trains/cabs, etc ... and I never draw a second glance

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 11-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #14
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7778 Times on 4669 Posts
Likes Given: 9751

L. L. Bean has very sturdy products and I believe they have a lifetime warranty. Their items are pricey but worth it.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #15

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Check out Maxpedition packs they are madeby tough and for CC

forumrunner_20121111_072245.jpg

I carry it as a BUG.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #16

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I hope you guys are joking. That looks worse than a diaper bag!!!

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #17

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc29th View Post
Check out Maxpedition packs they are madeby tough and for CC

Attachment 69152

I carry it as a BUG.
Similer to my Drago, highly recommended.
drago.jpg  

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 11-11-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:55 PM   #18

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Or a back pack to be specific, all day every day but they keep ripping and tearing and wearing out exceptionally fast, I guess you could call it a bug out bag but it's one that's always with me, to and fro, at work, even when I run an errand so I need something stronger, better and tougher but I'd like it to not be camo or obvious hunting/tacticool looking because I'd get stopped everyday. maybe plain grey or earthy or black would be a doable.

Any suggestions?

By the way, my daughters call it my "Man-Purse" so that's where that came from but hey man! it's not fair women get to carry all that stuff! my pockets are full of too much already! I need a purse...err I mean a bag too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Would a computer bag work? They have compartments and look innocuous as Hell.
I used to carry around a laptop bag. I go tit when I went back to school some years ago and just got used to having it around. They have a ton of little places to put stuff. It's obviously pretty tough as I still have it. almost 10 years later. I don't use it for much but in it's time it's had everything form school stuff then later every day stuff and for a good while range stuff. I could put a few pistols in it. along with mags, ammo and a few tools and cleaning supplies.
Mine as made for up to a 15" laptop, made form some type of canvass like material. My new laptop wont fit in it (17") so now it's in with the rest of my bags that I keep things in that can be picked up if needed.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #19

Liked 134 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I use a laptop bag for a pistol bag as well. I got mine at Goodwill for just a few bucks. It's a well made leather bag. The battery storage compartments hold a 50 shot box of ammo perfectly. It has a stiff bottom so my targets are not wrinkled when I arrive. The bag will hold my 2 gun hard case, targets and there are 2 compartments for ammo.

I also found backpack's at good price here. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/search/eSearch.aspx?SearchTerms=backpack&eMode=

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #20

Liked 1873 Times on 969 Posts
Likes Given: 1419

I carry my pistols & stuff in my old press photographer's gadget bag.