I carry a Man-Purse.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > I carry a Man-Purse.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default I carry a Man-Purse.

Or a back pack to be specific, all day every day but they keep ripping and tearing and wearing out exceptionally fast, I guess you could call it a bug out bag but it's one that's always with me, to and fro, at work, even when I run an errand so I need something stronger, better and tougher but I'd like it to not be camo or obvious hunting/tacticool looking because I'd get stopped everyday. maybe plain grey or earthy or black would be a doable.

Any suggestions?

By the way, my daughters call it my "Man-Purse" so that's where that came from but hey man! it's not fair women get to carry all that stuff! my pockets are full of too much already! I need a purse...err I mean a bag too!

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

CJohn364 Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-11-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8271 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Would a computer bag work? They have compartments and look innocuous as Hell.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Would a computer bag work? They have compartments and look innocuous as Hell.
This is a good idea!

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 AM   #4

Liked 1836 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

I saw a funny thing at the range the other day. One of the shooters had a diaper bag with him. We were all wondering why someone would bring a baby to the range. He opened it up and started pulling out guns and magazines and cleaning supplies. It might look a odd. But nobody would ever guess you were packing. Plenty of men are dads. There are probably more manly looking ones out there. Just an option you may not have thought about. You would definately have the element of suprise. God only knows what your kids would say then! LOL

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Last edited by Rick1967; 11-11-2012 at 03:37 AM.
People Like This 
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 AM   #5

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

what about a backpack from an outdoor outfitters store like REI?

http://www.rei.com/product/835054/thule-crossover-sling-pack

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I saw a funny thing at the range the other day. One of the shooters had a diaper bag with him. We were all wondering why someone would bring a baby to the range. He opened it up and started pulling out guns and magazines and cleaning supplies. It might look a odd. But nobody would ever guess you were packing. Plenty of men are dads. There are probably more manly looking ones out there. Just an option you may not have thought about. You would definately have the element of suprise. God only knows what your kids would say then! LOL
hahaha that dude has balls of steel!

Old 11-11-2012, 03:39 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
what about a backpack from an outdoor outfitters store like REI?

http://www.rei.com/product/835054/thule-crossover-sling-pack
Oh snap, that bag is hella sexy!

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 03:43 AM   #8

Liked 1836 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
I hope you guys are joking. That looks worse than a diaper bag!!!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I hope you guys are joking. That looks worse than a diaper bag!!!
lol

Think about it though, would you think I had three days worth of meds, food, water, first aid, 9mm with 100 rounds, multi-tool, hunting knife, socks, important papers and various other things in there?

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 03:59 AM   #10
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8271 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
I see those all the time around here.

I also knew a guy who was so insecure about himself that the "diaper bag" was a small leather carry-on suitcase. It was probably a designer label too (not that I would recognize one!). He didn't want to be seen carrying a diaper bag LOL! He is such a douche. A diaper bag would be freaking awesome! Heck, use a baby stroller so you can haul more artillery!