I can't get into the "Zombie" thing? - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum >

I can't get into the "Zombie" thing?

View Poll Results: What do you think about the Zombie craze?
I like it, participate in it and/or encourage it 21 32.31%
Whatever, neutral and/or don't really care one way or the other 36 55.38%
I don't like it, I don't want any of it and/or it's going a bit too far 8 12.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Just because someone doesn't live on the coast doesn't mean they don't have potential environmental disasters. Tornado's are a common problem across a lot of places. As for the 'five minutes and it's over' comment? I'd agree. Ten years ago. Now?
Between coordinated actions via Twitter and the other instant communication devices and sources, groups such as the Black Bloc and other groups of anarchists who use said modern technology to forward their own agenda, and, as you say, the 'me me me' generation? It's a lot like we're sitting on a powder keg, just waiting for it to go.
Half the population gets money from the government. Less than a third pay taxes. We provide free cell phones and every other luxury, and they are screaming for more still.
Historically, no nation can or has continued to survive as they give more and more away, until the populace just goes ape**** and feels entitled. Then, those that have, be they middle/upper middle class and up become the targets.
Don't know when it'll happen, but that is what has always occurred.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #92
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Just because someone doesn't live on the coast doesn't mean they don't have potential environmental disasters. Tornado's are a common problem across a lot of places. As for the 'five minutes and it's over' comment? I'd agree. Ten years ago. Now?
Between coordinated actions via Twitter and the other instant communication devices and sources, groups such as the Black Bloc and other groups of anarchists who use said modern technology to forward their own agenda, and, as you say, the 'me me me' generation? It's a lot like we're sitting on a powder keg, just waiting for it to go.
Half the population gets money from the government. Less than a third pay taxes. We provide free cell phones and every other luxury, and they are screaming for more still.
Historically, no nation can or has continued to survive as they give more and more away, until the populace just goes ape**** and feels entitled. Then, those that have, be they middle/upper middle class and up become the targets.
Don't know when it'll happen, but that is what has always occurred.
Again, I agree with everything you say. But as far as rioting, along with the strength, and how long it will last, look at the whole "occupy" movement. It went from a protest of "the rich", to nothing more than a bunch of financed hooligans causing destruction. They ran out of gas and went home. Yeah, they'll reorganize as long as someone like Soros and his bunch are willing to prop them up financially. But if they do they'll, (law enforcement) be ready for it. Expect to see some skull cracking going on at both political conventions. It will be different in that it will be short lived, and the perpetrators will bleed more, and in the process change their minds faster.