I can't get into the "Zombie" thing?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > I can't get into the "Zombie" thing?

View Poll Results: What do you think about the Zombie craze?
I like it, participate in it and/or encourage it 21 32.31%
Whatever, neutral and/or don't really care one way or the other 36 55.38%
I don't like it, I don't want any of it and/or it's going a bit too far 8 12.31%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

Default I can't get into the "Zombie" thing?

I've watched Zombies become more and more popular over the past few years. I used to like the comic "Deadpool" who had regeneration powers like Wolverine, but then they started making it all Zombies and I couldn't get into it, so I stopped reading Deadpool.

I do however like the movie "Zombieland" which is very funny. That's the only thing I can point to that I like that is Zombie related.

My wife likes the "Walking Dead" show, but I can't get into that either? It's really wierd, because I would have laid odds that I would like that show and she wouldn't, but the opposite turned out to be true.

Now, some other shows that I like "American Guns" and "Sons of Guns" each have an episode making Zombie guns. I go to the gunshop and they have Zombie ammo. KA-BAR is making Zombie knives?! I've finding neon green accessories for guns to make them Zombified guns?! Zombie targets are the new hot targets. LOL

Ahh! I've been kind of meh and not able to get into it, but not really caring, but it's still getting more popular. I even heard someone mention "Zombie Apocolypse" at work!

What do you think?

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #2

Liked 1094 Times on 655 Posts
Likes Given: 55

You might want to try watching a show called " Falling Skies". It's about aliens instead of zombies. I like watching The Walking Dead. The whole zombie ammo and accesories are getting alittle out of hand though!!

Old 05-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #3

Liked 411 Times on 257 Posts
Likes Given: 1187

ive always been into zombies those were the only scary movies as a kid that freaked me out,i refere to all badguys as zombies though not just the walking dead.and all the meth heads around here we call them the army of the dead.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #4

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

I'm a fan of zombie movies (as my handle implies lol) but i'm with you on all the zombie ammo and equipment crap that seems so popular these days, i don't really get it.

When i and my friends talk about the zombie apocalypse, it's like rifleman said general bad guys and/or meth heads. Though george romero style zombies could be fun lol

Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #5
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21577 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

lot of it is just marketing and some are getting into it sell products. i find nothing wrong with that as they are exploiting anything dangerous or controversial. so if the want to make and sell it and people want it and will buy it, seems like smart marketing to me.

now the show, The Walking Dead, i was suprised, but i actually do like the show. i am not usually a fan of zombie based movies, but actually do like it. maybe because, the zombies are not always the main focus of the show, but how these people survive after a catastrophic event and try to move forward with their lives and how it has changed some of their viewpoints on from what they were before the event.

Falling Skies is another good show too. waiting on it to return also.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #6

I do have a question. Who authorized the official zombie color being neon green?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
lot of it is just marketing and some are getting into it sell products. i find nothing wrong with that as they are exploiting anything dangerous or controversial. so if the want to make and sell it and people want it and will buy it, seems like smart marketing to me.

now the show, The Walking Dead, i was suprised, but i actually do like the show. i am not usually a fan of zombie based movies, but actually do like it. maybe because, the zombies are not always the main focus of the show, but how these people survive after a catastrophic event and try to move forward with their lives and how it has changed some of their viewpoints on from what they were before the event.

Falling Skies is another good show too. waiting on it to return also.
June 17th is the 2 hour premiere for Falling Skies.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #8

Liked 171 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 73

To excite viewer interest, tv shows must have bad guys.

With the tarzan movies of the 1940s the bad guys were the natives in Africa.

With the G/I movies of the 1950s the bad guys were the Ja panese and the Germans.

With the western movies of the 1960s the bag guys were the native Indians in America.

So as to be more politically correct Hollywood has now invented the walking dead or space aliens to be the bad guys for their infantile thin-plot dramas of today.

Even as you are what you eat, your mind is what you watch.

However I also think the zombie shows serve a purpose in that someday if SHTF there are going to be armies of zombies fleeing the cities, so everyone better get ready for it now. The zombies will want your food, your water, your women, your gasoline, if you have a food plot or garden they will want that too.

It won't be pretty, and if the zombie movies help you visualize what you will do in response, then have fun watching them.

Otherwise I am neutral.

Action movies with Stallone and Banderas are fun to watch for me. Makes me glad I did not go into CIA or FBI work though.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1215 Times on 782 Posts
Likes Given: 2429

i don't really care what fad is currently popular. I'm pretty much neutral. I really do miss movies with a plot though. Please, someone make a movie with a plot and a little originality. I hate knowing everything that is going to happen in a movie after only watching 5 minutes. A little reality would be nice too.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #10

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

If you do not take the impending Zombie apocalypse seriously than you amay as well be dead already

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD