Humble SHTF collection for the non tactical crowd - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Humble SHTF collection for the non tactical crowd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2010, 05:23 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default reply

Never really put alot of thought into this until joining this forum a few days ago but Im thinking a pair of sawed off 12ga H&Rs would be very worth having in a collection.

Sawing them off after the SHTF ofcourse due to gun laws.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:05 AM   #22

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I gotta say, I don't disagree with the choices you put forth up here. Simplicity and a backup of each gun makes sense - better to have a lot of a few things to guarantee a certain level of ability than to have all kinds of different gear that can't be replaced and if lost leaves you with nothing.

That said, I feel that in a disaster humans are as much a threat than the ability to get food or other domestic duties. As such, I think that the defense abilities of your collection is the ONLY area that I feel you're a bit thin in. The average person isn't prepared for a 1-day snowstorm, imagine in a real disaster when there are people starving what people will do. If you are well-supplied people will come after you, and if they are themselves armed with more "aggressive" guns, at least in the short-term, you may be outmatched. The revolver can be slow loading, the single shot shotguns and bolt rifles can be slow firing, and the .22 lacks power.

Although these could be used well, as I'm sure you are well practiced and skilled with them, to me it seems that there should be something with more power and speed. Nothing too fancy, Even a pump shotgun could give you a leg up.

That's just MHO, and I mean no disrespect for your collection, EH!

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 12-14-2010, 09:57 PM   #23

Nice collection.

At least you are trying.

You are probably good with them too.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:51 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMS_Tactical View Post
I like your shotgun thoughts but would add that there are times when being armed is a great little secret to have. Its just a tad harder to move around in certain situations when everyone who sees you knows up front that you are packing a shotgun. In a zombie invasion, there may come a time when you will have to bluff your way in close and surprise your enemy with a quick draw, sight alignment and double tap. Just a thought.
Cougar 9mm with 4 mags, Kel-Tec PF9 9mm with 2 mags. Plan on buying more mags. Also Walther P22 22lr with 2 mags. damn, I need more amno.

Old 12-25-2010, 01:17 PM   #25
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Nice collection. I really like the 1894.

But consider there are limitations for single-shot shotguns, wheelguns, 22s and bolt-action rifles. Fine for hunting and encountering limited threats, but if it is a true SHTF scenario, semi-auto hand and long guns are a necessity. Unless your idea of SHTF is different from mine.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is the kind of stuff i need to do.Im drawn toward high capacity weapons,but simple is nice.A nice pump shotgun,break barrel,a couple revolvers and a scoped rifle could prove invaluably great.Dang,im thinking...

Springfield Armory 1911 TRP,two of them,in Simply Rugged holsters for the summer and Andrews double shoulder holster for winter.

Benelli MR1 AR-15 with Surefire light/laser.

Benelli M2 with Surefire light.