Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How will it start and end:shtf:

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

Default How will it start and end:shtf:

Let's hear some ideas!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #2

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

It's already started...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-13-2011, 02:17 PM   #3

Oh yeah do u think it will be chaos do u think it will happen over night.. I wanna hear what u think

Old 12-13-2011, 02:26 PM   #4

Do u think something will just snap and pow next day is s hit

Old 12-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Much like this Country in 1860, we're sitting on huge powder keg of pent-up frustration. The divide between the left and right has grown very wide. My feeling is that it will descend into chaos when someone steps over the line to bully one side or the other. A stolen election, an unreasonable police action or a killing of a movement leader are examples of the type of things that will setoff SHTF.

The rest of the world? Well they're in a world of hurt too!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

It is already in its rudimentary stage. And it will become full-blown
when Wall Street channels our resources into their accounts (pockets) and declare
America bankrupt and in an irrefutable DEPRESSION. All the while Obama agreeing
with those who have long since bought this president ... and the next minion to follow.
The SHTF will be erratic, unfocused, and shocking. I pray there is a fork road prior
to all of this that will avert the above statement. Fingers crossed here.

Last edited by PanBaccha; 12-13-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Old 12-13-2011, 02:51 PM   #7

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
Do u think something will just snap and pow next day is s hit
No, well, if the power would suddenly go out for everyone then yes, it'll take 3 days for most people to lose their morality and shift into me me survival mode. Look at the infrastructure, it's in shambles, bridges, roads, services, all these things are mostly old and outdated, have been ignored and taken for granted and not maintained properly, hell, the "grid" itself is one more stray snake away from a massive, long term outage, now we have to worry about some computer virus that may or may not knock it out for good.

If the welfare funds suddenly "dry up", forget it, especially in the big cities. Look at the incident in Dallas earlier this year, people getting trampled just for the chance to be considered for benefits, disgusting.

When in your lifetime have you heard of so many people "prepping"? Used to be just for a big storm...water, batteries, radio, blankets etc, now , people are stockpiling EVERYTHING, the smart ones anyways.

The gub'mint...we have a very much disliked commander in chief, and yet at this point, his leading challenger is no better, some say even worse. We've been without a real leader for way too long, and it's going to take a big wet bite soon.

Most of the world hates us, enough to die trying to kill us and guess what? We are so severely outnumbered it's scary, it our shores were invaded, we're screwed...no sleight to out fighting men and women, but if we have one bullet for every one of them, they have 10 guns+ammo for every one of us, just theway the numbers pan out...

I all boils down to the almighty dollar, when the money dries up, or is deemed worthless, it's on...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #8

Goid points being made here. Scary thought if u sit down and read the news.. world is messed up and like u said its all about money

A note from the mod. Cleaned up your language. I do that once.

C3 Shooter, Mod

Last edited by c3shooter; 12-13-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 159

It will be a black swan event, that will tumble the house of cards we are currently sitting on top of.

Old 12-13-2011, 03:52 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree with most of what has been said here already, It's already starting and it's still avoidable currently. I don't think anyone who is going to be responsible for it, or capable of stopping it cares though so I'd say it's more than likely within our lives the government of this country will fall apart and while i'm sure there will be some kind of structure left behind to instil Martial Law until the country can do something I am not going to rely on them to make sure I get power and food or protection. I built an ICF house for kind of the same reasons as I prepare for SHTF. You just don't know what's gonna happen. In Tornado Alley you feel better knowing that if a Tornado hits your house it's capable of withstanding an F4 tornado for the most part, same with SHTF, you feel better knowing you have a bug-out bag and a loaded rifle..just incase.