Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How Much Ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post

I bought my rounds, powder, primers, etc, months ago, before all this liberal nonsense. At the dollar rate people are paying today for any of the above, who is laughing now?

It was a better investment than gold
Haha right! You're laughing all the way to the range! Yeahhh With this ammo shortage im not shooting as much these days D:

Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6747 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Dang, I just went to my home stash, and realized I can go shooting again this weekend instead of hanging out at Walmart. See ya there the saturday after, maybe!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #43

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Isn't that a sight for sore eyes! Well done buddy haha

Old 05-15-2013, 03:43 AM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I wasted several hundred rounds altogether today. Shotgun, 25-06, 223, 22LR, and 357. Sometimes I hit, sometimes I didn't. But I sure did enjoy not paying double for any of it!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:47 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher View Post
Isn't that a sight for sore eyes! Well done buddy haha
It's Buddette.

My grandparents escaped from Nazi occupied Poland before the Soviets then came in and 'cleansed'. I understand the importance of a 'stash'.

And for a quote of my very own to end it with:

"Buy low, aim high"
Old 05-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #46

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Anything over 1000 rounds per centerfire is pointless, your just accumulating ammunition for the people who kill you lol. Idk why People like to think that there will be hourly firefights in a SHTF event.. "Why Can't We Be Friends Why Can't We Be Friends"
I'm not even talking about SHTF. It doesn't matter why I have what I have. But I shot 500 rounds last weekend while so many other people didn't. I really don't see anyone coming to kill me no matter the situation. No matter the situation they still have to get in the door.

The bottom line is I like to shoot when I want to shoot. And all those people that say you only need X are lurking Walmarket and the like looking for sometihng I acquired long before all the hoopla this time started. It reminds me of the fable of the ant and the grasshopper In this case the ants are shooting more like they want to and the grasshoppers are mad or paying more.

All this crap will pass...again. And I will say....again, Buy a little extras when you all go ammo shopping. Put a little back. I don't care if it's called waiting for the poo to be threw or saving for a rainy day. It's no different then saving a few bucks for hard times. And I never heard anyone say "man, having more than 1,000 bucks is just stupid. We like or need to spend money. I like and need to shoot. And I'm still buying ammo for when it's not too easy to get....again. There is no such thing as too much ammo. Just like there's no such thing as saving too much money for a time when you might need it....
....Unless you're a grasshopper

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 05-15-2013 at 11:17 AM.
People Like This 
Old 05-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #47

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post

It's Buddette.

My grandparents escaped from Nazi occupied Poland before the Soviets then came in and 'cleansed'. I understand the importance of a 'stash'.

And for a quote of my very own to end it with:

"Buy low, aim high"
Oh wow! Im glad they were able to escape! Well it is Anna huh? Ooops.. you go girl
Old 05-15-2013, 02:53 PM   #48

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post

I'm not even talking about SHTF. It doesn't matter why I have what I have. But I shot 500 rounds last weekend while so many other people didn't. I really don't see anyone coming to kill me no matter the situation. No matter the situation they still have to get in the door.

The bottom line is I like to shoot when I want to shoot. And all those people that say you only need X are lurking Walmarket and the like looking for sometihng I acquired long before all the hoopla this time started. It reminds me of the fable of the ant and the grasshopper In this case the ants are shooting more like they want to and the grasshoppers are mad or paying more.

All this crap will pass...again. And I will say....again, Buy a little extras when you all go ammo shopping. Put a little back. I don't care if it's called waiting for the poo to be threw or saving for a rainy day. It's no different then saving a few bucks for hard times. And I never heard anyone say "man, having more than 1,000 bucks is just stupid. We like or need to spend money. I like and need to shoot. And I'm still buying ammo for when it's not too easy to get....again. There is no such thing as too much ammo. Just like there's no such thing as saving too much money for a time when you might need it....
....Unless you're a grasshopper
I see where you're coming from, that comment was more intended for the people that think there going to be in raging firefight battles, there chances of survival in that type of scenario (Raging Firefight) are slim rendering all the ammunition useless to them. But I agree with you, theres no such thing as too much ammo, especially when you enjoy shooting! I plan on storing more ammunition in the future when all the "hoopla" goes away!
tumblr_mkipfdn0t01rnoynio1_500.jpg  

Old 05-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #49
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I see where you're coming from, that comment was more intended for the people that think there going to be in raging firefight battles, there chances of survival in that type of scenario (Raging Firefight) are slim rendering all the ammunition useless to them. But I agree with you, theres no such thing as too much ammo, especially when you enjoy shooting! I plan on storing more ammunition in the future when all the "hoopla" goes away!
Yep. A full blown firefight will only happen for me when they start burning down the place where I am staying at, and have no tunnel to get away. Best to stay alive for the next fight, where I can decide where and when. Now where did I put that shovel!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #50

Liked 64 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I don't stockpile ammo because of potential firefight scenarios. I stockpile ammo in the event it becomes scarce. You know.....like now? I practice a lot with my primary calibers and set my par levels above 1,500 for each. For me, that is 2 handgun calibers and one rifle caliber. I keep a few hundred rounds for my other caliber weapons. 22lr.......never enough of that stuff.