Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How Much Ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Anything over 1000 rounds per centerfire is pointless, your just accumulating ammunition for the people who kill you lol. Idk why People like to think that there will be hourly firefights in a SHTF event.. "Why Can't We Be Friends Why Can't We Be Friends"

imagejpeg_2_3.jpg  

Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6746 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher View Post
Anything over 1000 rounds per centerfire is pointless, your just accumulating ammunition for the people who kill you lol. Idk why People like to think that there will be hourly firefights in a SHTF event.. "Why Can't We Be Friends Why Can't We Be Friends"
My more than 1000 rounds per firearm let me decide to go shooting today. I didn't even cringe when I pulled the trigger because i knew I had 'plenty where that came from'. I'm not concerned with a firefight right now, but more concerned about the next time I can go shooting.

And in the event of SHTF, one can always double or triple powder loads making a few 'dummy' rounds for the handgun ammo stash, and 'short-change' the powder for the 'dummy rifle rounds' to take care of the weapons that took over my 'stash'!

Now where did I place that 'dummy round'?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:06 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

And I can't believe that the CIA or our military is NOT doing that to left over stashes for the Taliban, etc, to find and use.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:11 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher
I agree, think about it people. Experts recommend less than 1/4 your body weight if I'm not mistaken. Unless you are hiding in a hole; running around with a heavy not to mention loud bag makes you a bullet mule for the guy who prepped efficiently keep in mind this acronym KISS=keep it simple stupid

Old 05-15-2013, 03:15 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna

My more than 1000 rounds per firearm let me decide to go shooting today. I didn't even cringe when I pulled the trigger because i knew I had 'plenty where that came from'. I'm not concerned with a firefight right now, but more concerned about the next time I can go shooting.

And in the event of SHTF, one can always double or triple powder loads making a few 'dummy' rounds for the handgun ammo stash, and 'short-change' the powder for the 'dummy rifle rounds' to take care of the weapons that took over my 'stash'!

That still leaves you dead at the end of the day. Yes you may ruin the loot that the person took off of you, but that person still has their original gun, and if they were smart they wouldn't take the thousand rounds, maybe a few hundred, which further lessens your chances for your dummy rounds to even do their job

Old 05-15-2013, 03:18 AM   #36

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post

Haha you have some good points, but im talking about permanently have that 1000 rounds for the gun. And just buying ammo to shoot on range day. Now I know what your gonna say, why not already have enough ammo on hand to not have to worry about buying the ammo week/day of the range day? Well I guess it wouldn't hurt having a bit more than 1000 rounds per gun on hand for that reason. But when your getting into the tens of thousands? Its a little ridiculous.. There's only so much one person/ gun can shoot! Lol

Old 05-15-2013, 03:19 AM   #37

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adumu View Post

That still leaves you dead at the end of the day. Yes you may ruin the loot that the person took off of you, but that person still has their original gun, and if they were smart they wouldn't take the thousand rounds, maybe a few hundred, which further lessens your chances for your dummy rounds to even do their job
Very nice point my friend!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thats why its called stash. And a stash doesn't necessarily means its just in one place, and having many stashes of hundreds of rounds is better than just one stash, no? And if I am dead with my 'over a thousand rounds per gun, then you were rotting long ago with your smaller 'stash'.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotPuncher View Post
Haha you have some good points, but im talking about permanently have that 1000 rounds for the gun. And just buying ammo to shoot on range day. Now I know what your gonna say, why not already have enough ammo on hand to not have to worry about buying the ammo week/day of the range day? Well I guess it wouldn't hurt having a bit more than 1000 rounds per gun on hand for that reason. But when your getting into the tens of thousands? Its a little ridiculous.. There's only so much one person/ gun can shoot! Lol
I bought my rounds, powder, primers, etc, months ago, before all this liberal nonsense. At the dollar rate people are paying today for any of the above, who is laughing now?

It was a better investment than gold
Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
Thats why its called stash. And a stash doesn't necessarily means its just in one place, and having many stashes of hundreds of rounds is better than just one stash, no? And if I am dead with my 'over a thousand rounds per gun, then you were rotting long ago with your smaller 'stash'.

Well you should specify that in text, I think I may be a smart man, but I'm not a psychic . Also let me use another quote quality over quantity. I know people who could waste hundreds of rounds and not hit anything at 100yds. I only need one, also, if you have a small stash on hand then we are on equal grounds on capacity