How Much Ammo? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How Much Ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I keep 500 rounds per cal and sit on it. Ammo that I need for the range is bought and used the same week as the range session and does not effect my home stock.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #22

Liked 4690 Times on 2336 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

How about this instead?...

How much ammo do you currently have? How much ammo do you reasonably plan to get?... Plan accordingly.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7619 Times on 4192 Posts
Likes Given: 7347

Uhhhh..... since zombies aren' real, who ya gonna shoot with all that ammo???

I keep some ammo on hand to shoot my steel targets out in the mountains and on the range.

But ammo for battle??? Against whom??

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

Old 04-22-2013, 06:26 PM   #24

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Main thing in my opinion is to wait until things level out = then worry about stockpiling. I believe this is just around the corner = right now $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ its rediculous what people are charging.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #25

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

I keep some ammo on hand to shoot my steel targets out in the mountains and on the range.

Think more along the lines of very very useful tangible goods in hand.
On the note of zombies; everyone has their own definition and opinion of the word "zombie".

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Old 05-02-2013, 01:58 AM   #26

Liked 65 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i keep abour 3000 22lr for my 2 22 hand guns and 1 rifle 700 9mm for my one and only 9mm hand gun 200 7.62-54 for my mosion, and started building up for 30-06 and 243 for my winchester70 and spingfield 1903 want 200 each also have about 100 oo buck and 200 assorted shot loads for my 12 gage mosburg

Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1946 Times on 1247 Posts
Likes Given: 4359

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

The Huns of course.

I don't keep enough ammo on hand to get me through WWIII, but I do keep plenty stored away. I can easily see a day when ammo is tough to get (like right now). I figure its just best to go ahead and have all the ammo I'll ever need. The price isn't going to get much lower. It will after this buying spree slows, but long term ammo prices are going to stay pretty high due to inflation if nothing else. Go ahead and get it now (or when prices come down) and then you're good to go from that point on. For me it's as much about saving a few bucks as it is about being prepared for times when you can't get ammo.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #28

Liked 3617 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 2519

The amount of ammo that lets you sleep well at night! However much that is!!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #29

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

If I've said it once I've said it a million times. Pick up ammo every available opportunity. And the next time you want ammo and you can't get it ...Who cares,,,you already did.

I'm not planning on going anywhere in bad times. I'm already at a great bug out spot. So I but ammo almost every time I see it. Same with reloading components. And I'm sure some people will think I"m stupid, crazy, or just a hoarder. But I didn't change my shooting habits a bit this year. While I watched so many piss and moan they couldn't get ammo for their 22 or AR.

I'm low on 45ACP, I"m down to 1K rounds...Get the idea?
People Like This 
Old 05-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7619 Times on 4192 Posts
Likes Given: 7347

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
The Huns of course.

I don't keep enough ammo on hand to get me through WWIII, but I do keep plenty stored away. I can easily see a day when ammo is tough to get (like right now). I figure its just best to go ahead and have all the ammo I'll ever need. The price isn't going to get much lower. It will after this buying spree slows, but long term ammo prices are going to stay pretty high due to inflation if nothing else. Go ahead and get it now (or when prices come down) and then you're good to go from that point on. For me it's as much about saving a few bucks as it is about being prepared for times when you can't get ammo.
I keep a ton of practice ammo on hand for range and plinking use. Mostly reloaded ammo and a few "generic" rounds. I loaded 5,000 9mm last year.

My comments in previous posts were about premium, or social shooting ammo.

Since I plan on "bugging in" in conjunction with about a dozen well prepared neighbors, I only spend money on the amount of duty type ammo that I think I might need.

Since I simply cannot imagine any scenario of "Mad Max" or "Zombie Apocalypse," I consider the basic military load out adequate ammo for the occasional thug or band of looters.

If it comes to total anarchy, the Russians and Chinese will move in quickly, and take over.

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote