How many of you think s will htf? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How many of you think s will htf?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Good as any...

forumrunner_20120131_052649.jpg

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #22

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

id say like i have been that a major war in the middle east will break out sometime soon or around easter could and possibly will start ww3 i belive a economic collapse is on the horizion i do not belive in the mayion 2012 thing am i prepared i think for the most part gods blessed me with living in a small town in the country 30 miles away from a major city but at least out here a person can sit on a barn roof with a good rifel and see anyone coming

Old 02-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #23

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I honestly don't see it happening in the near future. Its easy to think that something will trigger world economy to collapse and things will turn into the wild west. I don't see a society break down any larger than the scale of the great depression, not to say that wasn't bad, but there was certainly still law and order for the most part. Even with our fragile economy, it would take a lot to bring things to the scale of a total world collapse, every man for himself, no law and order situation. In my opinion, WWIII or even a wide spread disease is more plausible than the world economy breaking down. But I guess those could be SHTF situations too. Guess it depends on what your definition of it is.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Last edited by gmaster456; 02-25-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456
I honestly don't see it happening in the near future. Its easy to think that something will trigger world economy to collapse and things will turn into the wild west. I don't see a society break down any larger than the scale of the great depression, not to say that wasn't bad, but there was certainly still law and order for the most part. Even with our fragile economy, it would take a lot to bring things to the scale of a total world collapse, every man for himself, no law and order situation. In my opinion, WWIII or even a wide spread disease is more plausible than the world economy breaking down.
We are by no means the same people of those who went thru the depression. They didn't expect government to do everything for them. Also, people still were in a rural lifestyle to a much greater degree. Lastly the collective morals and values of yesteryear are not instilled in todays generations to a large degree.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #25

Liked 1453 Times on 881 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery View Post
id say like i have been that a major war in the middle east will break out sometime soon or around easter could and possibly will start ww3 i belive a economic collapse is on the horizion i do not belive in the mayion 2012 thing am i prepared i think for the most part gods blessed me with living in a small town in the country 30 miles away from a major city but at least out here a person can sit on a barn roof with a good rifel and see anyone coming
WWIII is probably not the way the world is going. Who would participate?
The Russians are broke, the Chinese are too busy spending our money, the Germans are all happy for the first time in 150 years, the French, are well, the French. The Brits have better things to do. If the US has any, new-found, sense, we would not want to participate either. I think most of us are about burned out on wars for a while.

What is far more likely is just what we have been seeing for a while. Revolutions, squabbling among third world nations, genocide and starvation, but not WWIII. The only big problem now seems to be Iran, and it won't take a world war to deal with them. If they seriously threaten Israel, I suspect their government will disappear into the fog and the night. Iran's nuclear weapons will be the end of their own government.

I predict that we will continue to be happy with our food and circus, our economy will slowly improve, the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer, and the middle class will continue to take it in the arm from the other two groups. People will get used to the idea of a black man in the White House, the house and senate will be Republican for a while, and continue to squabble and piss and moan with the minority Democrats, and the SHTF paranoia will fade away except for the serious nut jobs.

The alternative is unacceptable.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 PM   #26

News flash chainfire, I don't like the half white part of his policies either. I could care less if he is black or whatever else may conjure up your use of the race card.

Hopefully someday, Congressman Allen West will be president. Then you will have the oppurtunity to get used to a" real black man". Man being the defining word.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQtwIwAA&url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVP2p91dvm6M& ei=xUdJT-G3BcL50gGi09T9DQ&usg=AFQjCNFfbZ1posbJf2v09I5cXlgqM o2UlQ&sig2=ZGJZy7ThkiNmg903nkQWvg

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #27

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
News flash chainfire, I don't like the half white part of his policies either. I could care less if he is black or whatever else may conjure up your use of the race card.

Hopefully someday, Congressman Allen West will be president. Then you will have the oppurtunity to get used to a" real black man". Man being the defining word.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQtwIwAA&url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DVP2p91dvm6M& ei=xUdJT-G3BcL50gGi09T9DQ&usg=AFQjCNFfbZ1posbJf2v09I5cXlgqM o2UlQ&sig2=ZGJZy7ThkiNmg903nkQWvg
At least w "him" we know hes american wo a doubt

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 02-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 330 Times on 193 Posts
Likes Given: 64

I must say that chainfire's analysis is on the optimistic side of what I expect. I would hope that he is right. I really enjoy my current life and don't look forward to a real SHTF scenario. That is not to say that I'm not putting some preps in place. My current concerns are more aimed at the current state of affairs with Illinois politics.

I see the US entering a period of much higher inflation and rising commodity prices. The DOW will regress and the value of the US dollar will continue to weaken. Coming into the election we will have two very decisive factions. One side or the other will be very displeased with the result and this could cause civil unrest in the urban areas. Add to this the rising hysteria surrounding the 12/21 Mayan thing and you could have people becoming very loopy.

We will begin to come out of the financial problems when we begin to close our borders and bring manufacturing back to this country. People are going to have to realize that the role of government is not to take care of them from cradle to grave. Hardwork and grit is what it will take to get the job done.

Our entire prison system needs to be reformed as we spend way to much keeping people locked up. Either legalize pot and tax the hell out of it to reduce prisoners or bring back public punishment/execution to discourage crime. One 30 day period of appeal and then the death penalty kicks in. Open up the death penalty to all violent crimes and drug distribution crimes. Basically, if your doing things detrimental to society, you don't really need to be a part of it any longer.

Sorry about going on so long. The current state of affairs in this country has me very worried.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #29

Liked 1453 Times on 881 Posts
Likes Given: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

I did not intend to insult present company, but do you think that the entire country shares your opinions? There are a lot of people who hate him because he is black and the president. Remember, I also live in the deep South, I know of what I speak.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I did not intend to insult present company, but do you think that the entire country shares your opinions? There are a lot of people who hate him because he is black and the president. Remember, I also live in the deep South, I know of what I speak.
You don't offend me, I also live in the south. Racism plays both ways. Some people believe that a number of whites didn't vote for obama because he was black. How can that argument be made without bringing the other side of the equation in the discussion. 95% of blacks didn't vote for mccain. So you must be calling black people racist.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCMQFjAB&url=http%3A %2F%2Fdalje.com%2Fen-world%2Fas-many-as-95-african-americans-voted-for-obama%2F200281&ei=I2hJT93QJsX20gHcpICgDg&usg=AFQjC NH_ePrCzHAcr_CVsbeatgwEgg5jUg&sig2=zX6980XIvkpdJM0 S1aPQCw

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 02-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.