Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How long until SHTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 02:43 AM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1449 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Whenever it happens that SHTF, it will be fast. . . blah, blah, blah, . . . For now the printing presses are still rolling. For now, deficit spending is working fine. For now.
I agree with you. I think smaller, perhaps regional, communities of people will step into the void left by a disintegrating federal government. Those that already have their own currency in play have a head start.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #82

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

I strongly urge members of the board here to listen to Gerald Celente. Look him up. He runs the Trends Institute. He is hailed as a modern day Nostradamus. He doesn't make predictions, rather "forecasts" by analyzing all trends in the world. He predicted Occupy Wall Street occuring around this time...back in 1985! He predicted the Tea Party around '07, the collapse of the Soviet Union, etc. He is spot on in his analysis, and he is anti-political. He is predicting some dire things occuring in the beginning of 2012 (the first quarter), namely a bank holiday, just as they did in the great depression when they confiscated gold. He talks a lot about his belief that in order to avert a huge financial calamity (that they created) the government will seize all money in the banks, and only allow small amounts at a time. It's been done before in the 30's, and he's saying expect it again. I've been following him since 2008, when he predicted the election of Obama. He's been right on everything. You all have been warned.

Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 AM   #83

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 10

so mosin what we do pull all our money outta the banks?

Old 01-04-2012, 04:32 AM   #84

Liked 252 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Let's see , what time is it now ..... 12:30 am.....?

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-04-2012, 04:35 AM   #85

Liked 3678 Times on 1755 Posts
Likes Given: 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery View Post
Listen to Gerald Celente, he talks in detail about this, and what he does. This guy has made a fortune analyzing top tends to forecast future events, such as he did with the Greek monetary crisis. He talks about the 3 G's... Guns, Gold and a get away plan.

He's no kook by any means either, he uses sound analysis of all events in the world to make a bigger picture of what is most likely to occur.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #86

Liked 43 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I strongly urge members of the board here to listen to Gerald Celente. Look him up. He runs the Trends Institute. He is hailed as a modern day Nostradamus. He doesn't make predictions, rather "forecasts" by analyzing all trends in the world. He predicted Occupy Wall Street occuring around this time...back in 1985! He predicted the Tea Party around '07, the collapse of the Soviet Union, etc. He is spot on in his analysis, and he is anti-political. He is predicting some dire things occuring in the beginning of 2012 (the first quarter), namely a bank holiday, just as they did in the great depression when they confiscated gold. He talks a lot about his belief that in order to avert a huge financial calamity (that they created) the government will seize all money in the banks, and only allow small amounts at a time. It's been done before in the 30's, and he's saying expect it again. I've been following him since 2008, when he predicted the election of Obama. He's been right on everything. You all have been warned.
A bank holiday of some sort would not surprise me. Although with the FDIC in place, there should not be any runs on banks, only if the people ran out of confidence in the FDIC. But that too is quite possible.

Greed on Wall Street has caused all this again, just like the last time in 1929.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birchhatchery View Post
It would be to protect the cash, seeing that the banks were having continued losses, from selling off all these worthless homes, and believing that the FDIC cannot possibly cover all the losses. In fact, I am tempted to pull all my money out of the bank right now, and stuff it into my safe. At least then it would be safe from Geithner and Pres O. There is really no reason to leave your money in a bank right now anyway, because the banks are paying 0.0001% interest at the moment. So the cash is safer either in your gunsafe or stuffed into your mattress or locked in the trunk of your car.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I agree with you. I think smaller, perhaps regional, communities of people will step into the void left by a disintegrating federal government. Those that already have their own currency in play have a head start.
That is precisely what happened in the USSR. Coupled with a tremendous amount of crime and corruption as well. We will definitely all need our guns for self defense and for local militia duty then as well. The older veterans will likely become its commanders. The younger men its tactical leaders as well.

It will be important to know how to set up a security perimeter, as is done for infantry in the defense, and to man security posts all around, and supervise watches, and train younger men in military work. It will be good to start out with fresh citizens who already at least are good riflemen, although shotguns will be doing most of the work. Most communications will be by runners, so the younger boys will also have work to do too. A non-military community leader and a council will need to oversee the militia, just like towns already do now. Separation of military and political as usual. I have no desires for political positions. I only want to make sure everyone is safe.

That's what it will be like, at least for those who can save or find food and water.

I would guess that originally everyone will unite around their own various churches. Then some churches may amalgamate. People who go to church together tend to cooperate better with each other to begin with. And most churches, who believe in The Lord Jesus Christ, will be able to work well together anyway regardless of their different doctrines.

In California the 4 major religious groups are the Catholics, the Lutherins, the Mormons, and then the Jews (not technically Christian, so they may hold out, or band with Buddhists or the like). In Texas it is the Baptists and the Methodists. In New England there are a lot of Prerbyterians and Episcopalians. That's how I think people will draw together. And they will be defending against the road warriors.

So be ready. And pray to God it does NOT happen. Blah blah blah as you would say Vincine.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-04-2012 at 06:09 AM.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon 173 View Post
I look for it to start about the day after the elections in 2012. If Obama wins, we lose because we will suffer from more of his incompetence. If Obama loses, we lose because of all the rioting and looting that will probably occur. I look for the trouble to continue through most of 2013 say up until it turns really cold in late fall. There is a very good chance that this election will be rigged beyond anybody's wildest nightmare too by the Chicago Mob and Daley Democrats which could cause a very major event too. So there are any number of 2012 triggers I can see coming at us right now.
Recon you seem to have forgotten all about the Florida political machine as well, which has been known to throw away boxes of ballots a time or two.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1449 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
That is precisely what happened in the USSR. . . . Blah blah blah as you would say Vincine.
???

I disagree with this, at least for around here. We’ve very ecumenical up here. The church one belongs to isn’t the defining identity for most of us. It would be Saranac Laker, or Adirondacker, if anything. We cooperate on the community level/school district level, not the church level.

I also don’t expect people pressing on the area from the cities. They’re more likely to move toward the food supply, not the icicle supply (-18F on my thermometer this AM). Probably many of us would be moving toward the grain fields too.

As far as whether your money will be safe in the banks or not; in an economic collapse your US currency will be plenty safe because it will be worth less. No one’s gonna want it.

Generally speaking your security isn’t going to be had via a gun, it’ll be had via your skill set. What you can do that your neighbor needs doing and visa versa.

Maybe things are different in California.

Last edited by Vincine; 01-04-2012 at 11:37 AM.