How long until SHTF? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How long until SHTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 08:45 PM   #21
bar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Ha! I am in NE Georgia so not too warm. I was thinking some land in Wyoming would be nice!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:49 PM   #22

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

I think the entire forum should agree to meet at zero one hundred hours on ?/??/?? should these events take place. How about your place? Do you live in a warmer climate? trip286 lives in Mississippi, that's pretty warm.
Well sonic what would you have us do. Be sarcastic like yourself. If and when something does happen, you may want to expand your vocabulary to multiple sylable words as to get more calories incase you need to eat them.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #23

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Well sonic what would you have us do. Be sarcastic like yourself. If and when something does happen, you may want to expand your vocabulary to multiple sylable words as to get more calories incase you need to eat them.
Nothing I've said was intended to be malicious...how about you?

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:22 PM   #24

Sometimes we fire off a post that is an attempt at humor. At times it will come up short and land on sarcastic ground instead. I guess that is what happened in your post. I felt a need to give cover to a new member in my response to you. Malicious no, sarcastic yes.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #25

Quote:
Sometimes we fire off a post that is an attempt at humor. At times it will come up short and land on sarcastic ground instead. I guess that is what happened in your post. I felt a need to give cover to a new member in my response to you. Malicious no, sarcastic yes.
As I said...nothing malicious. A little levity is all. And 'bar' is handling it well.

And Wyoming is one of my favorite places on earth. However, tons of snow... being a life long Minnesotan, I'm a little tired of that.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:40 PM   #26

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Sonic, my hideaway will only support so many. Sorry man, right now all slots are reserved for family.

But there are places nearby. The Coldwater river bottoms...if you don't mind swamping. Deer, other critters, water, plenty of wood for shelter and fire, and I can almost guarantee no one will come looking. It would be my secondary if I didn't already have a good place to run to.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #27
bar

@Sonic82
I was hoping the comments were made more in jest than as a slam!
I am familiar with MN, all of wife's family is from there so we visit there at least once a year. Ice fishing and playing with the snow mobile is fun, but I can see where that much snow and cold can get old!

Old 12-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

As I said...nothing malicious. A little levity is all. And 'bar' is handling it well.

And Wyoming is one of my favorite places on earth. However, tons of snow... being a life long Minnesotan, I'm a little tired of that.
The whole shtf scenerio can be overwelming to our thought process, much less trying to prepare for it. Most of society berates preppers who try to sound the bell. I really didn't expect it here and had a reactionary response. People simply can't fathom that the milk,bread and eggs won't be there when they need them. Every winter that we get a winter event the selves get emptied and yet most people just disconnect when it comes to being prepared. Here in MS we have tornados and thunderstorms that routinely knock the power out, yet people can't seem to expand on they're temporary situation in case a regional event happened.

I have enjoyed reading your past post and have agreed with the content in them. When I see your username at the top of a post, I identify that with a well reasoned, articulate point of view. Will so in the future. My appologies if I got the context of what you were trying to convey wrong. I hope you find this post contrite. I'm sure trip286 will demand a hug between us. I on the other hand will be very satisfied with continued discourse.
Sincerly, downsouth

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #29

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

I don't personally believe in 12/21/12. I think the guy that wrote the calendar just died and no one else was smart enough at the time to keep it going. Having that said.

I do believe that there are enough people across the world that do believe in it to the point that the week or day before it happens they will go crazy and do whatever comes to mind just cuz they think it's gunna be over.

I'll be driving to PA soon to get a bunch of cheap 30 rd ar mags for if I do need them in a year lol

Thats just my 2 cents!

Old 12-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #30

Quote:
The whole shtf scenerio can be overwelming to our thought process, much less trying to prepare for it.
And I agree. I think Katrina woke up many. And I believe it a sound practice preparing for catastrophe. I do understand how seriously it is taken. I also understand not to take life too seriously. Nothing like a little humor and levity in the face of accidents, illness and other turns life may have in store for us. And this is an event that hasn't even taken place (yet). Be prepared, pro-active, keep positive and stay upbeat. Thanks for understanding. Merry Christmas