How long until SHTF? - Page 20
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How long until SHTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 02:53 AM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Another die hard Minnesotan, gotta love this weather ay sonic? Time to get ready for all the people to learn how to drive again. Are you in the cities or up north by chance?

Old 01-19-2012, 03:22 AM   #192

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
As dangerous as food dyes can be according to the media, I'm pretty sure it was the cyanide.
Ima borrow this if you dont mind

Lover of Cold War Era guns, from both sides

Old 01-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #193
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Signs, signs, everywhere signs...

Quote:
The warning signs are all around us. All we have to do is open up our eyes and look at them. Almost every single day there are more prominent voices in the financial world telling us that a massive economic crisis is coming and that we need to prepare for the worst. On Wednesday, it was the World Bank itself that issued a very chilling warning. In an absolutely startling report, the World Bank revised GDP growth estimates for 2012 downward very sharply, warned that Europe could be on the verge of a devastating financial crisis, and declared that the rest of the world better “prepare for the worst.”

source

Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #194

Liked 174 Times on 139 Posts
Likes Given: 82

A crisis in Europe would be a mixed blessing for the USA.

If the Euro disintegrates, then the investor class and businesses there will buy dollars again, making the Euro cheap, and the dollar dear. Like China's gobbling-up of dollars, this extends American deficits further into the future, and allows DC to continue to print more money monitarily. I am combining fiscal and monetary issues, but they both mean the USA will benefit.

If the Euro completely crumbles, then the US dollar may simply take its place.

In that case, like Greece, and Spain, and Portugal, and Italy, and Ireland, and Iceland, then the USA will be able to continue printing and borrowing money for a long time.

The crumble of the Euro would create artificial demand for paper dollars.

DC would have a heyday. And SHTF may not hit the fan for another 50 years.

Obama would take credit, and Boener would complain that we are still printing too many dollars. But as usual, Boener would not know a thing about what he is talking about, and Obama would still be powerless to do anything about the economy, nor would anybody else, but at least it would not get any worse.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-20-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #195

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_gatz View Post
Another die hard Minnesotan, gotta love this weather ay sonic? Time to get ready for all the people to learn how to drive again. Are you in the cities or up north by chance?
North suburb. yourself?...cute pup!

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 PM   #196

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Guys I remember September 11th 2001 like it just happened. I fueled up my pickup early that day and went about my business. I always keep some food on hand and my family has canned and gardened for years. I grew up that way. Later that day I went to the gas station to get gas for my lwn mower and what saw amazed me. For a small rural town to have so many people running to get gas was a sight to behold. One glutton had 2 55 gallon drums in his truck filling them up! Then I thought to go see what was happening at the grocery store. It was almost empty! My point being all that took was one morning of tragedy. What's going to happen in a protracted event?

I think we all have skills that allow us to be a help to someone. We should organize those skills in our communities so that if abnd when the hard times truly come we can deal with them. I'm very thankful not to live in a city. To me that's where the real trouble will be. Maybe if you live in one you ought to find a trusted friend in a rural area. I also am inclined to think that there will be a scorched earth policy if obama is not elected again. I think we will see riots. It will get ugly. If that comes to pass and we get past a state of martial law we can regroup and move forward. If however the government thinks we all need to be in a secure place I'm afraid any preparing we do will be in vain.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #197

Sonic:

South metro, thanks she's getting pretty big. 7 months in Feb. shell hopefully be my bird dog this upcoming fall.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Guys I remember September 11th 2001 like it just happened. I fueled up my pickup early that day and went about my business. I always keep some food on hand and my family has canned and gardened for years. I grew up that way. Later that day I went to the gas station to get gas for my lwn mower and what saw amazed me. For a small rural town to have so many people running to get gas was a sight to behold. One glutton had 2 55 gallon drums in his truck filling them up! Then I thought to go see what was happening at the grocery store. It was almost empty! My point being all that took was one morning of tragedy. What's going to happen in a protracted event?

I think we all have skills that allow us to be a help to someone. We should organize those skills in our communities so that if abnd when the hard times truly come we can deal with them. I'm very thankful not to live in a city. To me that's where the real trouble will be. Maybe if you live in one you ought to find a trusted friend in a rural area. I also am inclined to think that there will be a scorched earth policy if obama is not elected again. I think we will see riots. It will get ugly. If that comes to pass and we get past a state of martial law we can regroup and move forward. If however the government thinks we all need to be in a secure place I'm afraid any preparing we do will be in vain.
I agree with you 100% of the chaos that will erupt if obama is not elected. I was taking Chicago CTA (public transit) to high school back in 1983 when they had Harold Washington running and threatened numerous times on the CTA that I would be beaten if Washington didn't win. I hate to say that there were the same threats back in the OJ case. Amazingly obama has polarized the nation with class warfare and I will lay low when he loses because people WILL be in danger.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #199
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 871 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
A crisis in Europe would be a mixed blessing for the USA.

If the Euro disintegrates, then the investor class and businesses there will buy dollars again, making the Euro cheap, and the dollar dear. Like China's gobbling-up of dollars, this extends American deficits further into the future, and allows DC to continue to print more money monitarily. I am combining fiscal and monetary issues, but they both mean the USA will benefit.
Except for one (or two) major issues... Big US banks are deep into the Euro, and even worse, GS and others have backed the bonds with CDS and other unregulated instruments. Plus, the United States Federal Reserve has a larger interest in the Euro. All of these moves to me smell of last minute desperation.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #200

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

how many belive that Obama will usher in martial law before the new elections and the agenda to destroy this country will go in rapid pace