How long until SHTF? - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How long until SHTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 01:51 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 155 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bangbangjs View Post
God I hope not 1911 is king and I promise you if we go to war with Iran we will have boots on the ground. And I'll be there. Im actually hoping for it.
An instrument of death praying for war, huh? Ok.

:-)

It would be a real rat hole to put boots on the ground in another muslim country again. I hope we learned our lesson in Iraq.

If we sink all of Iran's warships and destroy all their missile pads, then we don't need boots on the ground. There is no reason to invade their rats nest country.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

An instrument of death praying for war, huh? Ok.

:-)

It would be a real rat hole to put boots on the ground in another muslim country again. I hope we learned our lesson in Iraq.

If we sink all of Iran's warships and destroy all their missile pads, then we don't need boots on the ground. There is no reason to invade their rats nest country.
Something like that. And Iraq was bad but Afghanistan was so much more fun. And if we learned anything during the gulf war the infantry leade the way and look what happens when we get pulled out S H T F again. Hint maybe we should have stayed just a little bit longer in Iraq this time too.

Why is the sky blue? GOD LOVES THE INFANTRY

Old 01-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #103

Quote:
Something like that. And Iraq was bad but Afghanistan was so much more fun. And if we learned anything during the gulf war the infantry leade the way and look what happens when we get pulled out S H T F again. Hint maybe we should have stayed just a little bit longer in Iraq this time too.
JS, I will agree that Afghanistan was necessary, and that it was perfectly waged, mostly with special forces from the Army, Navy, Marines, and CIA.

But now after 10 years it is time to leave. Same as Viet Nam.

The CIA and JSOC killed Bin Laden and his chronies, and that was the mission. The rest of Al Qaeda is in Pakistan now.

Iraq [EDITED] is a different story, and I don't believe we should ever have gone there. But now that we are out, I am quite glad about it.

The strategic role of infantry is to take and keep ground. In an insurgency war infantry does not accomplish anything. That's why infantry is of little use during insurgency warfare. You need special forces instead.

[This thread has now officially been jacked.]

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-05-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee

JS, I will agree that Afghanistan was necessary, and that it was perfectly waged, mostly with special forces from the Army, Navy, and the Marines.

But now after 10 years it is time to leave. Same as Viet Nam.

The CIA and JSOC killed Bin Laden and his chronies, and that was the mission. The rest of Al Qaeda is in Pakistan now.

Iran is a different story, and I don't believe we should ever have gone there. But now that we are out, I am quite glad about it.

The strategic role of infantry is to take and keep ground. In an insurgency war that does not accomplish anything. That's why infantry is of little use during insurgency warfare. You need special forces instead.

[This thread has now officially been jacked.]
ive worked with all the high speeds from every branch and i just got back again from Afghanistan not long ago and the bad guys are alive and well still. But this is why I love this country we can do this and not want to kill each other. But the first job of the infantry is to meet engage and destroy the enemy. But tell me you like the 1911 better. Rangers lead the way!

Old 01-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #105
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1691 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Here is my prediction for two years from now: . . . . . . and talking about 1911s VS Glocks.
I sure hope so.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #106

Quote:
... But tell me you like the 1911 better. Rangers lead the way!
In a semi-auto pistol design, I got used to loading and chambering my .45 1911A1 Colt ACP, then putting it on half-cock, and wearing it in my military hip holster. I could then draw and shoot with one hand, and all I had to do was unsnap the flap, draw the gun, and use my thumb to cock the hammer.

And in that mode it was completely safe. I could see that it was safe, and I knew that it was safe. And I did not need to fumble with any of the other safeties.

I had complete confidence in it.

My test came one day when as the O/D on a weekend night I was walking my post on base when I detected a cloud of marijuana smoke coming from a barracks room. I un-snapped my holster, and then burst in thru the door (it was unlocked).

I arrested 12 marines for smoking dope on the base. I took their I/D cards and their roaches one by one, and confined them to the base. I doubt they would have complied with my instructions/orders unless my .45 was and looked loaded, and my holster unsnapped , and my .45 readily accessible to me. There was only 1 of me yet 12 of them.

Before they complied, they were hesitating, and they were eye-balling my .45 so I looked down at it in my holster, and then I looked back at them and asked them, "Do you think you can go for it before I can?" Then they quickly complied. They were supposed to obey the silver bars on my collars, but it was the Colt .45 ACP that they obeyed instead.

The colonel had told everyone not to smoke dope on the base.

I don't believe in smoking dope.

I was the O/D. Those were my orders.

I guess we just had not trained these particular 12 very well. They did not seem to care much about standing orders and/or direct orders. But they apparently did understand a loaded .45 ACP.

So I am talking about self defense with a service pistol.

In a CCW situation these days, I would want the same features on a CCW weapon.

Thus the 1911A1 design is what I like.

The only other issue is calibre. If you can handle a .45 then that is the gun to get. No sense in settling for less.

The DOD may have decided that the 9mm is more appropriate for combat now. The Germans in WW2 felt the same way.

I just prefer the .45 myself. Since I have fired several thousand rounds thru it, I am comfortable with it. And I trust it, with my life.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-05-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:14 AM   #107

No way anyone could give a better testimony. God bless the .45.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:27 AM   #108

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bangbangjs
No way anyone could give a better testimony. God bless the .45.
Have you read the gospel according to John Moses Browning? Oh its good!

Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Have you read the gospel according to John Moses Browning? Oh its good!
Ok...ok...you got me

Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #110

Liked 43 Times on 27 Posts

So i was looking at the best by date on a chicken pot pie and it was good till may 11 2013!! Damn if only I new we would have power all the time during shtf .. id survive off it XD