Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How long until SHTF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 512 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Default How long until SHTF?

This is a really long read, but IMO very valuable... According to the author, we are close to the end. Video at the end of the article is also worth watching.

Quote:
Our political leaders, our business leaders, and our cultural leaders have made a series of catastrophic choices. The result has been a long decline in America's standard of living.

source

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1251 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 441

9 to 12 months.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #3

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I've been saying 5 years it less, but I keep shortening the time frame. I'm now thinking 2 years, tops. Unless there is some serious appeasement coming our way.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
9 to 12 months.
I agree with your assessment... but think the printing press will keep running until after the next election.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #5

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Imo, there are a number of things that have perculated up to be taken notice of. I feel no need to list them again in this post, as they drip thru this forum with great frequentcy.

Any of the scenerios which we talk about could be the catalyst for what we fear most, the safety of our families and friends and our ability to protect them. Civil unrest and martial law are hand and glove.

I'll go with the Mayan calender. Atleast that gives us 1 full year to the day.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-22-2011, 06:51 PM   #6

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I didn't read it all, but I'm guessing he's after your money by useing scare tactics. A sound financial strategy is to generally ignore guys named Porter.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I didn't read it all, but I'm guessing he's after your money by useing scare tactics. A sound financial strategy is to generally ignore guys named Porter.
There is a sales aspect to it... but, you can't argue with the financial data that's presented.

US hit a milestone today (yesterday?), our published debt now exceeds our published GDP. Our debt to GDP ratio is greater than 100%, and getting worse by the day. And that's only using the published numbers. If we were held to the exact same standard as Greece, Greece would look like a pebble on the street in comparison to the US.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
I'm about half-way through and pretty engrossed. If there's a sales pitch, I'll ignore it. Nothing I've read thus far hasn't been known or discussed before but it is well-written.

If you have a means of refuting his claims and reassuring us they're not as dire as he's making them out to be, please share the URLs!

Old 12-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #9

Liked 748 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
If you have a means of refuting his claims and reassuring us they're not as dire as he's making them out to be, please share the URLs!
I classify myself as cautiously optimistic and try not to get caught up in every nanobit of dire news that passes by my computer screen. There is tons of it, some folks can't live without it..others prey on those that can't live without it. And no, I don't have any URL's that refute his claims directly and I have no interest in researching the web to find them. That's a lengthy article...if I were the one taking the time to read it I'd certainly go through the research to help support or negate its contents. From what I can gather, (not sure how factual the internet is) he has a shady past at best and implemented a name change to his organization after running into legal/fraud troubles. There are a million other (good) sources available in the same profession that don't appear to have a black eye...so, why read his?

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Last edited by Sonic82; 12-22-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #10
bar

There is certainly some sort of sales pitch aspect to this or use the article at the very least to draw attention to his services for investment info/strategy. The info and stats seem pretty accurate and is worth the read. The only issue I have with the investment aspect is that if this guy really believes SHTF is less than year away why would anyone bother with T-Bills,etc...?! Seems like a waste of funds when you could put them to much better use for ammo, food, etc...
I think the scariest thing about the possibility of SHTF in the very near future is that it could happen very quickly when it does go. Also, I believe that it will not necessarily take a large event such as a coordinated terrorist attack, full financial collapse, etc... I think it could possibly happen from a much smaller event which may cause, at first, localized panic which then leads to much more wide spread panic and so on. Much like the rush on gas stations that we have encountered here a few times in the last couple years. Where all it takes is a few ill placed news reports or rumors of gas shutdown or heavy shortages, then you hear the news report and may be a little concerned but don't believe it enough to run to the gas station, but then some others who are feeling the same see much longer lines than normal at the stations and of course start thinking "wow, there is really something to this!" and stop as well thinking that if they don't fill up while they can.... and then the wide spread panic starts to set in with people scrambling everywhere, traffic jams, etc...
That is my fear anyway, that it may not take an event that, in and of itself, would really warrant an all out collapse, but due to the current state of things with unemployment, banks, general unrest and uncertainty that it would quickly turn into a self fulfilling prophecy due to a wildfire of wide spread panic. I am sure I would be sucked in by it as well because if something happens then you see the news reports hyping things up, traffic begins to build with people rushing home from work to try to get to their families - who is really going to be willing to take the gamble that it is not really the beginning of the big SHTF? Will we know 100% certain - "This is it!" ? Will it begin as a whisper? Or a thunder clap?