How Gross..........? - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How Gross..........?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2761 Times on 1798 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
I have to say this would be WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY too gross!

I was up in the mountains of northern PA, several years ago and as I drove around the corner on a logging road, several Turkey Vultures lifted off from a carcass along side the road. It was kinda hidden in the scrub, so I went over to see what it was. It was a deer carcass that was maggot riddled and green with putrification. I got within about 10 feet and nearly hurled! The smell was horrible.

The vultures, roaches and other scavengers will have a field day if SHTF!!
And they vomit as a defense mechanism. Our vomit from good food smells bad enough. Can you imagine getting theirs on ya? Eeeek

Old 03-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #72

Liked 3615 Times on 2065 Posts
Likes Given: 2505

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
And they vomit as a defense mechanism. Our vomit from good food smells bad enough. Can you imagine getting theirs on ya? Eeeek
NFW! my man!!

Old 03-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #73

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Say, dennis- did you know that it may be possible (not advising it, just saying it may be possible) to use an M14 with a blank and a cleaning rod tip and drop a deer?

And that the military found there were difficulties sending country boys on survival training in areas where there were squirrels and rabbits?
Hey C3Shooter!

I don't believe we had any country boys with us, we were all born and raised "city slickers" to my knowledge. Your though never crossed my mind back then, but yea, I believe that would have worked short range!

I no longer worry about survival anymore. Thirty-three years of eating the wife's cooking and keeping it down, I have a cast iron stomach and can munch on lime stone and call it good
Old 03-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
So I'm sittin' here watchin' Bizarre Foods America with Andrew Zimmern, and he's taste touring Appalachia. They're feeding him BBQ'd raccoon, boiled, fried and baked Possum with apples and taters and he's lovin' it. 'Course he's showin' em how to eat the brains and what not.

If anybody needs a good varmint recipe, let me know!
I use to watch that guy all the time on the Travel Channel. The "only" reason he can keep that kind of stuff he eats down is, his wife cooks like mine and is conditioned to it

There's only one "food?" I ever saw him eat he couldn't keep down. I forgot the name of it but, it was some sort or tropical fruit that was extremely gross and the locals ate it.

Yep, I'd be in for Mr. Zimmern's wife and mine to get together and cook and see who "really" has the cast iron stomach

Old 03-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #75

Liked 3615 Times on 2065 Posts
Likes Given: 2505

Durion Fruit!! It's supposed tmell like rotten sweaty socks & taste like pungent cheese.

I've seen it in an Asian market in Philly's Chinatown, I was half tempted to buy it, but wisdom caught me just in time!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
Durion Fruit!! It's supposed tmell like rotten sweaty socks & taste like pungent cheese.

I've seen it in an Asian market in Philly's Chinatown, I was half tempted to buy it, but wisdom caught me just in time!
Yep, that's it!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #77
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4287 Times on 2386 Posts
Likes Given: 21553

I find that thinking about all of this , I'm going to through extra portions of (Salt , Pepper , Beef and Chicken Bullion),in the ole pack..! That'll fix just about anything..! Good eating Too Yaa..!

ACK........!

Newest Threads