Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   How Gross..........? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/how-gross-86154/)

dango 03-09-2013 06:35 PM

How Gross..........?

In a life changing experience , just what low level could you achieve as (Taste-Buds) go..? What would , or have you eaten to stay alive..? :eek:

Got to say "Beaver Tail" was probably the most discuss-ting thing I've eaten.!

High in calories , fat , fiber.? , and iron ! All else you need is Vitamin supplements..!

Yuk.......! Fiber , any eatable "green-age" , graze..! :rolleyes:

TLuker 03-09-2013 07:59 PM

We used to have a popular recipe for possum. Nail a possum to a board, stuff an apple in it's mouth, and cook in the oven at 400 deg for 2hrs. When you finish, throw away the possum and eat the board. I've never had any desire to try possum after hearing that joke my whole life, but I would eat it in a minute if I had to.

Beaver is just too greasy (I haven't tried the tail). Raccoon is greasy but great in barbecue sauce, and even better grilled in it (that is some good stuff). Turtle stew is some of the best stuff you will ever eat. Frog legs and snakes are both tasty.

I've never tried any insects but if things got bad enough they would be on the menu (cooked and probably mixed with some beans). :)

HockaLouis 03-09-2013 08:04 PM

Guess the oddest thing I ever did was drink water dripping off a tent, and I was friggin' happy to get it at the time!

trip286 03-09-2013 08:24 PM

Gar balls. disgusting.

dango 03-09-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 1170122)
Gar balls. disgusting.

Gar...? You mean that prehistoric (Dino-Fish) of the murky waters of the South with many teeth..?

Balls........? No comment ......! EeeeeK.....!

trip286 03-09-2013 09:10 PM

Yep. Balls made of their meat, not their testicles.

shouldazagged 03-09-2013 09:14 PM

A friend who hunts with her husband all over the U.S. and Canada used to bring me game meat. There was a package of black bear steaks, sliced very thin, from an animal that either had not been cared for properly or was at death's door from old age before it was shot. Tough, rank, and nasty as anything I ever tasted. Well, maybe except for a Rallyburger. :rolleyes:

chrishiggin29 03-09-2013 09:26 PM

No that's typical black bear. My friend killed on years ago and we cooked some up. It was greasy and nasty too!

racer_x 03-09-2013 09:56 PM

lol Ill stick with deer and turkey there everywhere and taste good too.

gr8oldguy 03-09-2013 10:45 PM

I'm out of my league on this posting. The most disgusting thing I've eaten in the last couple of years was a McDonald's hamburger. Took one bite and in the garbage it went. I think the black bear mentioned above might have been better.