Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How do you prepare yourself to have a gun pointed at you?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I've was in a bad situation about 3 or 4 years ago. Me and my friends were drinking, and we weren't old enough to have handguns, so I carried a huge knife in my glove box because, well, that's better than nothing. So we're at this party and some a$$h0le ecstasy dealer gets mad at this girl for breaking his scale and he steals her phone. Me and my friends didn't really get into it because we knew the guy had a lot of guns, like combat shotguns, an AR-15, and he always carried his Beretta 9mm. So he leaves and the girl and her friend go to his apartment to get the phone back. The dealer's roommate comes outside of their own apartment, which was a few miles down the road from where we were partying. They confront the girl's friend, who was trying to act cool and just get the phone back with no problems, but the dealer said "hold him here, I'm gonna shoot this fool." So the roommate tries to hold the girl's friend. The roommate is well over 300 lbs. and is an avid martial artist, and he proceeds to try to bearhug the friend to hold him down. The girl's friend is about 5'8" and about 160. Friend is about to get squashed so he pulls a knife and stabs dealer's roommate twice in the chest. He lays there bleeding to death. Girl and friend leave in her car. Dealer comes outside enraged, and picks up his bleeding roommate and puts him into his Suburban. They chase the girl and friend back to her apartment where we are, shooting at their car the whole time. Girl calls ahead and tells us all of this is happening, so I stumble to the Buick and get my knife and lay down in the seat. Dealer squeals around the corner just going pop pop pop pop. My friend goes into the dad's room and tries to get a revolver that is locked up because the dad trusts him the most to tell him where it is. Dealer goes upstairs and kidnaps my friend at gunpoint and puts him in the Suburban because he is her best friend and might know where she would have went to hide in all of this mess, and makes him apply pressure to roommate's knife wounds. I step outside of my car trying to calm the dealer down and support my friend. Well my drunk ass forgot to put the knife in my pocket so I'm holding it up going "calm down man he has nothing to do with this." The dealer get's pissed at my knife because his roommate is bleeding to death from a knife wound. He points the Beretta at my face and tells me to back the f*** away and starts shooting in the air. So I get back in my car and lay down again. The cops are called and eventually ecstasy dealer is arrested, roommate is dead, and girl gets her phone back but has bulletholes in her car and broken glass all on her very young baby. Stabber get's arrested and jailed but is later released after testimonies of self-defense. Me and my buddies survived because we kept our cool and kept our distance when we had the chance. In conclusion, I am not on anybody's side in this story. The girl is stupid for pissing off a gun-toting dealer and bringing her baby to get her phone back, and the friend is stupid for going with her. Dealer is stupid for losing his temper over something mundane like a scale and throwing lead wildly in every direction possible, and roommate is just drunk and doesn't know what is going on really but is dead for getting into something before he knows why he is getting into it.

Last edited by Hey-you-guys; 09-19-2009 at 02:26 AM.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
So today some kids were busy shooting each other as I had randomly decided to go move my car before it got late. As I walked out of the tunnel that leads to the street I see cops zooming by. A group of kids walking down the stairs in front of me something felt ify about them so i was debating bout crossing or walking through. I decided to walk through as I get close an enforcer pulls up in front of them and draws guns at them and tells them to hit the floor. I nervously continue to walk through and keep looking back to see what goes down. Then a cruiser brakes hard next to me and out comes a trigger happy lookin Leo with a glock drawn at my face. At this point I freeze and only thought in my head was "he better not say my phone looked like a gun". His partner gets out and drops me on the hood and begins to search my pocketless shorts and shirt and the inside of my cap. The whole time I'm watching the other one still with the gun draw and too close for comfort.

Now that got me thinking and I want to know, How the hell do you prepare for a gun to be pointed at you? How can you keep your cool while that coin is flipping in the air and all you can do is watch?
If it is a police officer doing the pointing... I'd just get my hands in the air, and not make any sudden movements. Otherwise I might end up swiss cheese.

Learn martial arts. I learned Kung Fu and a little Ju Jitsu and it will help you out in the event that you get attacked. I decided to learn it because I had a special need for self defense where I went to school. Either way, it can't work against you and it will help you if you have to make a quick move on a criminal.

I don't know if there's really a way that can prepare you to have a gun drawn on you. Perhaps join the military if you want to get used to the feeling. Or become a cop.

I've never been held at gunpoint before. Have been attacked physically though and luckily for me I was fresh on my martial arts or those three guys probably woulda beaten me badly. I think most of it was I was hitting on their Asian girlfriend. She must have taken a liking to me or those guys probably wouldn't have gotten so angry.

Last edited by hogger129; 09-19-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #23

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger129 View Post
I've never been held at gunpoint before. Have been attacked physically though and luckily for me I was fresh on my martial arts or those three guys probably woulda beaten me badly. I think most of it was I was hitting on their Asian girlfriend. She must have taken a liking to me or those guys probably wouldn't have gotten so angry.
Keep hitting on other folks women and you may yet learn what it feels like to have a gun pointed at you...

Old 09-19-2009, 04:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Keep hitting on other folks women and you may yet learn what it feels like to have a gun pointed at you...
Sorry, can't help the yellow fever. She was hot. I'm a guy. What am I supposed to do?

Closed Thread