Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > How do you pack your Shotgun Concealed into Dangerous Country?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How do you pack your Shotgun Concealed into Dangerous Country?

Hi, all! I was wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question (perferably those with some experience or insight):

For country that you deem necessary to carry your shotgun with you (not for hunting, except if you decide you have to take out something out of sheer opprotunity), and want to keep it concealed (fully covered), what kind of pack/other do you use? Does it fit in an existing Hiking/other bag?

^Though I prefer someone to answer the above question, let me ask also how you would pack the shotgun with something that won't necesarily conceal it 100%. I know there are scabbards available, but I also saw a picture of some kind of tube shaped pack with a lid that will fit a Cruiser Shotgun in it (saw this one time on the internet, but don't remember what it's called and where to buy it). The one I saw that was tube shaped looked particualiry good and useful (sorry about the mispelling...I hope I'm ready for College Composition 2, LOL).

Currently on Tour as Military Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA. Navy Pistol Expert, Navy Shotgun Course Expert, Naval Boarding Team Experience, M60 Boat Gunner, 50 Cal Machine Gun and 25mm Chain Gun Captain. Experienced in various large firearms including the Surface Launched Torpedoes. Own more than 5 personal firearms of every type known.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Is it legal to carry a concealed shotgun? You do mean with a concealed carry permit, right?

I've not tried this, but the pole bag from your tent might serve the purpose & should be easy to attach to your backpack.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Are you writing a book?

I can't think of one instance where I would A) Deem a shotgun as necessary and then B) Deem it necessary to conceal same.

The purpose of a shotgun is many fold, but "concealment" isn't even on the list.

If I need concealed firepower of that size, I am going to carry my .460 Rowland with a couple of hundred rounds...

JD

Old 09-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #4

Liked 41 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Le mat pistol would be a good way to conceal a shotgun! just kidding

Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 PM   #5

If .410 counts you could stuff a Taurus Judge in your bag.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Never felt the need, myself. I suppose appropriate-diameter PVC would do as a "scabbard" but I expect that may fracture a law or two in many areas.

Carry open or don't carry. Unless the S has HTF, in which case all bets are off.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8439 Times on 3661 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

Only time I have felt the need, was doing personal security with a senior officer. He liked to play golf.

Ya know, with a pistol grip, a short barreled shotgun fits into one of those golf bags very nicely.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 09-17-2009, 05:23 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausn2002 View Post
I know there are scabbards available, but I also saw a picture of some kind of tube shaped pack with a lid that will fit a Cruiser Shotgun in it (saw this one time on the internet, but don't remember what it's called and where to buy it). The one I saw that was tube shaped looked particualiry good and useful (sorry about the mispelling...I hope I'm ready for College Composition 2, LOL).
I believe you're referring to the Mossberg J.I.C (Just In Case)

J.I.C.

Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #9

The JIC is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

Currently on Tour as Military Instructor in Virginia Beach, VA. Navy Pistol Expert, Navy Shotgun Course Expert, Naval Boarding Team Experience, M60 Boat Gunner, 50 Cal Machine Gun and 25mm Chain Gun Captain. Experienced in various large firearms including the Surface Launched Torpedoes. Own more than 5 personal firearms of every type known.

Old 09-20-2009, 04:44 AM   #10

I used a guitar case to trasnsport one 12 g mossberg 500 18.5 full stock and a ar15 16" from one side of town to another. Didn't lift any suspicion or never got detained. I highly recommended it.