Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Home Defense Dog?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I would only go with the big dog breeds like sheperds,rotties,chows,pitbulls,dobermans big barks and even bigger bites

IN A WORLD OF COMPROMISE SOME DON'T H&K
GOD BLESS THE SECOND AMENDMENT :D :D
GOD BLESS THE NRA :D :D
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
VOTE PRO GUN ONLY
SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT

Old 05-09-2008, 01:22 AM   #72

I have two chows in the house and one is very alert to anything out of the ordinary, when strangers are around he starts going off and then the other one starts up and he has a mean as heck deep bark...sounds like he is going to eat you up but neither has bitten anyone. The main thing is nobody knows they won't bite because I tell all they will and they alert me to anything going on so I can be aware.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #73

If you grab your wife, and your dog by the scruff of the neck, drag them both over to your car and bung them both in the trunk slamming the lid down. Leave them in there for four hours, open the trunk, who's glad to see you?........

Old 05-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #74

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I tried that once - I'm divorced now...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-19-2008, 03:09 AM   #75

Have a 2yr old lab / ausi cross....He wakes us up if someone is around and if they enter the house, sharp teeth and a 9 mm will be the greeter.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #76

my rat terrier is fine she is alert and very loud also trusts no one very very fast dog like a wound spring

Last edited by uncle jer; 05-19-2008 at 10:25 PM.

Old 05-21-2008, 11:48 PM   #77

i have a hound that barks really loud when strangers walk by the house. he's really protective over my wife so that's a plus when i'm not home. just like anything else. the dog is not my answer to home defense. he's part of my multifaceted plan. motion lights, dead bolts on the doors, peep hole at the front door, low trimmed bushes, and of course a good firearm with tactical light.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltm4 View Post
i have a hound that barks really loud when strangers walk by the house. he's really protective over my wife so that's a plus when i'm not home. just like anything else. the dog is not my answer to home defense. he's part of my multifaceted plan. motion lights, dead bolts on the doors, peep hole at the front door, low trimmed bushes, and of course a good firearm with tactical light.
same here, my beagle hates strangers and doesn't trust anyone but my brother, me and my wife

Old 05-29-2008, 11:49 PM   #79

I've used Pitbull Dogs for the past 35 years. My grandfather, the county sheriff, used them, too, way back in the 1920's and 30's. Originally, Pitbulls were the all-American police dogs.

I'm not going to comment on what's happened to the breed since the damned organized news media reintroduced them to the public. I stopped breeding and selling them in 1987 right after all the public hysteria hit and gangbangers began arriving at my door asking to buy puppies.

Don't breed anymore at all; and I've, also, stopped training them for rescue and guard work; but I've still got a Pitbull. She's an excellent watchdog: Only 68#'s, doesn't shed, and doesn't require enough food to feed a horse. Like all my Bulldogs, she's got that famous bite, is always with me, and (I am certain.) would go head first against anything that attempted to threaten me or mine without hesitation!

In the right hands, and with the proper training and socialization, Pitbulls are my number one choice for a top-of-the-line guard dog!

Old 05-30-2008, 01:41 PM   #80

My aunt had a tea cup poodle that was breed in the pits of hell. Sounds cute I know. That bastard pierced my ear when I was a kid. He was the best watch dog ever for her. I tired to kill the stupid dog.

We also had a rat terrier (sp?) named Rosco P. Coltrane that was the best dog we ever had. When the wife and I was dating she would come over and that dog would attack her feet. Wish I still had that dog. If I ever got another watch dog, it would be a rat terrier.

Liberals And Moderates Hate Me!!

Just remember, Hitler gave great speeches too.