Have you changed your basic FOOD inventory theory or practice.....???? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Have you changed your basic FOOD inventory theory or practice.....????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

LOL! photo 2 ??? Where's the beef??? that doesn't look like beef and rice. LOL! That was breakfast... sausage and potatoes. oops I mixed up the photos being all excited and all...

Old 09-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 501 Posts
Likes Given: 237

Not something I have thought about. To me its putting a lot of time money into something that might ever happen. I could store beans but my wife complains that they make me fart.

Last edited by manta; 09-13-2013 at 06:40 PM.
DaughterofAres Likes This 
Old 09-13-2013, 06:46 PM   #13

Liked 186 Times on 113 Posts
Likes Given: 148

For me, making these stoves or similar ones are more an exercise of can I build this thing, as far as $$$ I paint my house & eat canned beans and soup. Also it better to have and not need , than need and not have. Knowledge is free.

Old 09-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1942 Times on 1244 Posts
Likes Given: 4347

I figure I've got plenty of wood laying around and I find fire bricks all the time around old home places so the cost will be zero. I love cooking out side this time of year anyway and it could come in handy one day. Definitely something worth trying.
People Like This 
Old 09-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post
I figure I've got plenty of wood laying around and I find fire bricks all the time around old home places so the cost will be zero. I love cooking out side this time of year anyway and it could come in handy one day. Definitely something worth trying.
+1 TLuker learning in the fat times makes the lean times not so lean or hard. I'm looking for old fireplace bricks myself , so who knows ??? BTW my company had an operation a few years back on Emerald RD, always liked your part of the world & that BBQ joint by the lake was to die for.....LOL

Old 09-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich1377usmc View Post
+1 TLuker learning in the fat times makes the lean times not so lean or hard.
Ain't that the truth. And just to add to that, I've been working on cutting back on my spending for awhile. Actually I want to get my spending down to a bare minimum. I was thinking the other day that it's actually kind of fun to see how low you can get your spending when you have money to spend, but it really sucks when you have to cut back because you're broke.

I don't like what I'm seeing with the economy and I think the majority of us are going to have to cut back on spending. I would much rather cut back now while it's a choice rather than wait until there is no choice.

Quote:
I'm looking for old fireplace bricks myself , so who knows ??? BTW my company had an operation a few years back on Emerald RD, always liked your part of the world & that BBQ joint by the lake was to die for.....LOL
What company?

And luckily for me that BBQ place has some really good fried quail!

Old 09-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #17

Textile recycling company called Bollag International , we're being sold to another recycling company called Martex, as far as the BBQ joint watching I ate in there was good, even brought some home to the misses once.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Textile recycling company called Bollag International , we're being sold to another recycling company called Martex, as far as the BBQ joint watching I ate in there was good, even brought some home to the misses once.
There BBQ is great but since I can't eat beef or pork it's off the menu. All I can do is remember how good it was.

I used to work right across the road at Kaiser, and later Revstone Forgings. That plant is opening back up soon and hopefully I'll be back there.

Little side note, there is a small strip of woods between Kaiser Bollag (directly across the road from Bollag). There was an old home place in there and attached is a picture of a Pepsi and a Coke bottle I found in there. The Pepsi bottle is roughly 1908 and the Coke is 1921. I only mention that because you have seen the area. You probably don't even remember it because it is such an obscure looking spot. But that just shows how we pass by interesting places all of the time without even noticing them.

I had worked there everyday for years before I checked it out and I found all sorts of really neat old stuff in there. The world is full of wonder if we just slow down long enough to notice it.

pepsi.jpg

Notice "Greenwood S.C." embossed in the bottom of the bottle just below "Pepsi-Cola"?

Old 09-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #19

Yes, you are right about slowing down to "smell the roses" or explore your soundings. Don't remember much around our building there but I was always getting on my game face for work. I use to find glass Clorox bottles around older homesteads around here.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Yes, you are right about slowing down to "smell the roses" or explore your soundings. Don't remember much around our building there but I was always getting on my game face for work. I use to find glass Clorox bottles around older homesteads around here.
Here's my favorite Clorox bottle, It's cork top. And beside it is a Milk of Magnesia bottle from 1906 that was found with the Clorox bottle.

clorox.jpg

I love finding old bottles and metal detecting around old home sites. I learn a lot about people's everyday lives from it. And it's just cool to hold a bottle that's over 100 years old. Not to mention all the history that goes along with bottles. Learning to identify bottles by how they were made is the history of the industrial revolution.