Hand Tools For Evacuation Kit?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Hand Tools For Evacuation Kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Hand Tools For Evacuation Kit?

What kind of hand tools and hardware supplies do you take in case of an evacuation? I've been thinking small self contained tool kits like these would be handy for bugging out:

Tool Review: Fixa Tool Kits from Ikea - Associated Content

However, a little bit heavier duty kit would probably be better.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-25-2009, 12:33 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8888 Times on 3848 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Well, depends on how you will transport all your stuff. Limits on weight and bulk if you are packing it yourself.

My personal AWCRAP pack has a Leatherman, and 4 hacksaw blades (and a roll of 100 mile an hour tape)

The toolbox on my pickup includes wrenches, screwdrivers, hammer, bowsaw, hacksaw, axe, file.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:22 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If it's for your vehicle there is no reason to not carry a good set of tools. Buy good ones to begin with and they'll last forever. If it's for a carry pack a good multi tool, knife, and one of those folding camp shovels should be all you need.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:34 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Evacuation? For what reason and for how long? If someone tells me I have to leave my house they better be armed...and if I am forced to leave my house I will be armed, and my "evacuation tools" will be a Lee AutoPrime, a single stage press, dies, powder, primers, and bullets...as well as every gun in my house and anything else I can't easily replace that is of value, and all the cash I can carry. Some parts of the country have never had to evacuate, I'm lucky to live in one of them..

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 07-25-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

My bug-out bag has a hatchet (which can be used as a hammer), a couple knives, a folding tree/limb saw, and a multitool. I also have some nails, rope, a tarp and a bunch of other things. The idea is to be able to build a shelter reasonably easily. I don't worry about tools suitable for tearing down the engine on my car...

Bug-out locations should be well-stocked with a variety of tools to do many jobs.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Evacuation? For what reason and for how long? If someone tells me I have to leave my house they better be armed...and if I am forced to leave my house I will be armed, and my "evacuation tools" will be a Lee AutoPrime, a single stage press, dies, powder, primers, and bullets...as well as every gun in my house and anything else I can't easily replace that is of value, and all the cash I can carry. Some parts of the country have never had to evacuate, I'm lucky to live in one of them..
I understand, appreciate, and agree with your sentiment. Someone telling me I need to leave won't go over too well.

But if I choose to leave for safety reasons, that's a different story. Have you given any thought to a bug-out bag and a bug-out location?

Old 07-25-2009, 08:01 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I understand, appreciate, and agree with your sentiment. Someone telling me I need to leave won't go over too well.

But if I choose to leave for safety reasons, that's a different story. Have you given any thought to a bug-out bag and a bug-out location?
I have thought of it and have a small cabin on property I own. I have food stuffs and hunting & survival gear stored there. I just can't come up with a scenario where I would be required to leave my house. I'm too old to start wandering the country side raping and pillaging... So if the worst ever happens (non-weather related) I'll stand and defend what took me my whole life to acquire...my kids are grown and on their own, but know they are welcome if they need a place to stay.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I have thought of it and have a small cabin on property I own. I have food stuffs and hunting & survival gear stored there. I just can't come up with a scenario where I would be required to leave my house. I'm too old to start wandering the country side raping and pillaging... So if the worst ever happens (non-weather related) I'll stand and defend what took me my whole life to acquire...my kids are grown and on their own, but know they are welcome if they need a place to stay.
If that ever happens, that is my thought also, fortify in place, besides if everyone tries to bug out, it will get very crowed any way.

Layton

Old 07-25-2009, 08:08 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

My endgame follows a slightly different theme, no offense.

But if you are packing tools, don't forget some rope & maybe a little wire. If you are talking about a car kit, don't forget extra fuel line for siphoning and such.

Old 07-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
If that ever happens, that is my thought also, fortify in place, besides if everyone tries to bug out, it will get very crowed any way.

Layton
+1 and game will become non-existant...

Tags
hardware, survival tools, tools