Guns Obsolete In Coming Wars - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Guns Obsolete In Coming Wars

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Well, I'm convinced! After reading the first post I'm gonna turn in all my guns and vote for Billary and Osama. Then if I get into trouble, I'll just call 911.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:21 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Guns Obsolete In Coming Wars

"Saint" Rambone has no doubt dazzled us with his pseudo intellect, but he could not be more wrong. To illustrate just one point, during WW2, allies dropped thousands of one-shot, crude pistols into Axis occupied territories. With those crude pistols which took longer to load than it took to manufacture, civilian partisans fought back against the fascist military machine. The pistols, known as “Liberators,” were used to sneak up to close range with the enemy by whatever means available, kill him and take his rifle, pistol, whatever. And that was against the “unbeatable” enemy of the day, with V-1 & V-2 rockets, jet airplanes, a nuclear weapon program and der Fuhrer's other wonder weapons.

Behold the lowly Liberator…

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 08-08-2007, 06:22 AM   #13

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default read a little history

With all due respect, saintrambone should read a little less nutty conspiracy theory and a little more history.

[QUOTE=saintrambone;673]Like a mathematical equation, the war is won or lost before it is ever fought."

Oh? Here's a basic principle of warfare: "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy." Both sides calculated, with perfect certainty, that World War I would last no more than four months.

"A man with a stick kills an unarmed man. A man with a spear kills a man with a stick. A man with a gun kills a man with a spear..."

Not always. A determined man with a stick sometimes manages to kill a man with a gun. A baseball bat will kill you just as dead as a satellite-based weapon, and many's the tank that's been destroyed by a well-placed Molotov cocktail. Or has saintrambone never heard of IEDs?

"Like the Wizard of Oz, some control what goes on down here, and you are left dancing like a puppet with your silly guns."

You know, conspiracy theories are fun to read, but if they leave you paralyzed and in despair, you've probably read too many. One man can still change the course of history, and the "all-powerful masters of the universe" are neither omniscient nor bulletproof. Ask Adolf. He almost made it, but ended up eating a 6.35mm sandwich.

"Welcome the coming war, but know that your guns are nothing in the higher equation of war."

I'll let the historians argue about the "higher equation of war." The thug or terrorist standing in front of my "nothing" who threatens my family may not change the Big Picture when he dies, but that's not the picture that's of immediate interest to me.
I don't think I'm quite ready to lay down my arms, surrender and die because I and the people I love don't matter in the Greater Scheme of Things.

Ruminate on the Futility of Existence all you want--but I'll bet you still find the motivation to eat dinner tonight.

If history were this predictable and this predetemined, my people shouldn't exist at all. We were the least powerful and smallest in number of all the peoples of the ancient world; and, while the mighty empires of Sumeria, Babylonia, Assyria, Persia, the Hellenes, the Egyptians, and the Romans are all dust--we Jews are still around. There have been more attempts to exterminate us through the millenia than all other peoples combined, and we have never numbered more than one-half of one percent of the world's population--but we are still here. There's something wrong with saintrambone's thesis, and I'm living proof of it.

Besides: Anyone who claims to believe the world is this bad and this hopeless, and hasn't blown his brains out, is a phony.

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)

Old 08-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #14
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Ruminate on the Futility of Existence all you want--but I'll bet you still find the motivation to eat dinner tonight.
HA! That's funny.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #15

Go ahead and take a look at this guy's website. He bounces from bizarre philosophy to outright paranoia to unintelligible gibberish, according to some organizational scheme that's not apparent to the rest of us. The man clearly needs some medical help, but from what he's written he's not likely to seek it. It's pretty clear to me why he was "injected against his will".

I regret making fun of him. Mental illness is the subject of many jokes and out-downs, but the real thing is not funny at all. If you need an example of someone who ought NOT be given a permit to carry a weapon--this is the guy.

If you believe in prayer, pray for him. That looks to me like the only chance he's got.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:13 AM   #16

Same crap that lead to taking guns off fighters...
Didn't take long to put gun pods back on and no fighter is designed with out a gun now!

Same idea when the A-bomb came along...
It was supposed to detour all 'Conventional' wars.

'Tech' is getting it's a$$ handed to it in Iraq right now, and a grunt with a rifle is the ONLY way to do things!
If high tech ruled, this war would be over by now...

Old 10-06-2007, 04:04 AM   #17

Default Liberty's

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_the_kid43 View Post
To the original poster,

Unfortunately, you seem to have forgotten one very important fact when it comes to defending yourself from a tyrannous government. The truth is that we all are depending on the history of man to repeat itself. When a government attempts to remove certain liberties, the people rise up and attempt to overthrow the government. In the process of overthrowing such governments, you temporarily disable the use of weapons that can defeat the free public. We are all assuming if the time arises to defend certain liberties, we would be doing it to a government that is not completely in control of itself and therefore vulnerable to attack. With this being the case, then the use of firearms and a well planned attack should be all it takes to defend against governments that would use satellites to defeat its own people.

It will be a sad day if the time ever arises again for the people to defend their civil liberties against its own government, but hopefully all free men will rise to the occasion and work in unison for the same goal...to keep free citizens uncaged!
Hey Billy,I'll make you famious, Sorry I could'nt resist that!!!

Anyway, I'm afraid it's to late, our civil liberties are under fire daily, and being chiped away at even as we speak, the government just dose it so slowly that you don't realize what happend, then the next generation just thinks it's always been that way, pretty good con, If our founding fathers new what was going on today, they would be turning over in there graves!!! and as far as us banding together and defending ourselves against our government, you would quickly be labeled a terrorist, and they would make short work of you in a heart beat, you have seen what they have done to others like Tim mcveigh, terry nicoles ,Randy weaver, and oldboy out there in WACCO, these were all people that tried to buck the system, It's true what they say about one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, Problem is nobody's got the balls to do anything about it, They just don't make real men anymore, we have all got to much to loose these days, and as long as men have there cable tv and a six pack they are just happy as a pig in shi$. See how many guys you can get interested in throwing over the government, No see how fast you would be put into prison just talking about it!!! Sorry to sound so negetive but it is what it is, And beleave this there agenda is to disarm all of us, It might not happen today or next week or even next year, But you can bet the farm there will be a generation of children that never knew that at one time in history an American had a right to defend himself or herself with a firearm.

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 10-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #18

Default Wait a minute...

Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols WERE terrorists, no better than any mass-murderer from Hamas or Hezbollah. I don't care what your "cause" is--if it makes you think it's OK to blow up a day-care center, it's evil and wrong.

With Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians, you have a point. But don't lump them in with murderous scum.

Old 10-06-2007, 01:11 PM   #19

Default Wait a minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnorman18 View Post
Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols WERE terrorists, no better than any mass-murderer from Hamas or Hezbollah. I don't care what your "cause" is--if it makes you think it's OK to blow up a day-care center, it's evil and wrong.

With Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians, you have a point. But don't lump them in with murderous scum.

My point was they were all anti-government, and were all labeled terrorist, regardless of your personal view's, Like I said one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist, I did not say I agreed with any of them, but just for the record, I feel the same as you! but you can beleave many people backed Terry Nichols, Tim mcVeigh"s view's, and considered them Freedom fighters, The end results were my point!!! you will never get enough people to back any one view, and do anything about it, and live to enjoy the freedoms you were trying to reinstate.

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 06:57 PM   #20

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols should not be put in the same box as Randy Weaver and the Branch Dividians. If McVeigh, Nichols + whomever, wanted to make a political statement, they could have blown up the building at 03:00 hrs. when the building was empty.

Weaver and Koresh were protecting their homes and liberty from unlawful intrusion by government. Big difference.
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Closed Thread