Guns i may need
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Guns i may need

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2011, 01:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Guns i may need

This is what I have what guns should I add to be covered for survival situations?
AR 15 5.56
Ruger 10/22
Glock 23 40cal

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

A shotgun like the Remington 870 Express Magnum or the Mossberg 590A1.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #3

Likes Given: 2

I would consider adding another rifle with more knock down power, like something in .308. It doesn't have to be a battle rifle, a bolt gun will do but the versatility of another battle rifle would be a plus.

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What do you guys suggest in a shotgun and a bolt action brand and caliber, I will be buying new and want the best for the least money.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #5

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenntyrant
What do you guys suggest in a shotgun and a bolt action brand and caliber, I will be buying new and want the best for the least money.
The above mentioned shotties will fit the bill nicely. Winchester finally came back out with the model 70 which is supposed to be a throwback to the pre '64 model 70's.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:36 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

All of the listed would function great for SHTF, but remember the stock pile of ammo to feed all of them.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:39 AM   #7

If you need a cheap shotty, New England Firearms make one called the Pardner protector, it is a Remington 870 knockoff, its a little heavier but just as reliable. They used to be about $170 but may have gone up.

As far as a cheap bolt gun goes, Savage makes a nice bolt gun that is pretty nice, Dick's Sporting Goods used to run specials on them alot I think the were Model 111 or something, they used to have scoped combos for around $400, they included the adjustable accu-trigger too.

Hope this helps!

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11
I would consider adding another rifle with more knock down power, like something in .308. It doesn't have to be a battle rifle, a bolt gun will do but the versatility of another battle rifle would be a plus.
Like a saiga 308.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #9

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
If you need a cheap shotty, New England Firearms make one called the Pardner protector, it is a Remington 870 knockoff, its a little heavier but just as reliable. They used to be about $170 but may have gone up.

As far as a cheap bolt gun goes, Savage makes a nice bolt gun that is pretty nice, Dick's Sporting Goods used to run specials on them alot I think the were Model 111 or something, they used to have scoped combos for around $400, they included the adjustable accu-trigger too.

Hope this helps!
I have a Stevens 12GA 18.5 with ghost sights I just picked up a few weeks ago for 200 OTD. It's American made and shoots really nice. Only issue I have come to find out is accessorizing it is a little harder than a Mavrick 88 or Rem 870.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:45 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
I have a Stevens 12GA 18.5 with ghost sights I just picked up a few weeks ago for 200 OTD. It's American made and shoots really nice. Only issue I have come to find out is accessorizing it is a little harder than a Mavrick 88 or Rem 870.
Thats the plus side to the New England Pardner, it excepts all of the Rem 870 accesories. If fact the only thing that isnt interchangeable is the barrel, they claim that barrels need to be fitted to the receiver. I'm willing to bet that you could slap an 870 barrel on w/o any trouble, but why screw with it.