Gun Case / Drag Bag?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Gun Case / Drag Bag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1509 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 3280

Default Gun Case / Drag Bag?

I was just reorganizing some of my shooting gear like my range bag and that got me to thinking. What would be the best way to carry all of your gun gear in a bug out situation? I keep a soft case (more of a light drag bag) stocked with stuff like magazines and cleaning supplies. It's great for trips to the range and keeps everything together with my gun. I was thinking hard about getting larger heavy drag bags for other rifles just because it's so handy. Each bag would be gun specific since it's full of clips and ammo. Those same bags would be great for bugging out in my vehicle, but wouldn't work very well on foot. A drag bag would just be extra weight to carry, especially a heavy duty one. A drag bag would be great though if it weren't for the weight. So what would be a light weight alternative besides just throwing everything in a BOB along with everything else?

A buddy just got a tactical vest and that would be great for mags and such, but I wouldn't want to walk around looking "tactical". Other than the appearance something like a tactical vest would be great. I'm just looking for some ideas on how to keep everything organized and ready, without standing out.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #2

Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker
I was just reorganizing some of my shooting gear like my range bag and that got me to thinking. What would be the best way to carry all of your gun gear in a bug out situation? I keep a soft case (more of a light drag bag) stocked with stuff like magazines and cleaning supplies. It's great for trips to the range and keeps everything together with my gun. I was thinking hard about getting larger heavy drag bags for other rifles just because it's so handy. Each bag would be gun specific since it's full of clips and ammo. Those same bags would be great for bugging out in my vehicle, but wouldn't work very well on foot. A drag bag would just be extra weight to carry, especially a heavy duty one. A drag bag would be great though if it weren't for the weight. So what would be a light weight alternative besides just throwing everything in a BOB along with everything else?

A buddy just got a tactical vest and that would be great for mags and such, but I wouldn't want to walk around looking "tactical". Other than the appearance something like a tactical vest would be great. I'm just looking for some ideas on how to keep everything organized and ready, without standing out.
Love my Eagle drag bags which handle my longest rifle ...50" colt with scope. Nanchez had a killer deal on them. They hold a ton of stuff and are made in America to MILSPECs.

I also got a great deal from SigSauer on a discreet case for my zombie killer...oddles of storage...$100 with 2 PMAGS
Built AR-15, 5.56 & .300 AAC Blackout tops
Yugoslavian AK-47
Remington 1100 Tactical Shotgun
Remington 1100 Shotgun
Crosman 760 pump gun <smirk>
M1 Garand .30-06
M1903 Springfield Sporter .30-06
Sig Sauer P250 Sub Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer TacOps 1911

Last edited by JeffCooper; 02-26-2012 at 09:53 PM.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Stay away from hard cases if possible, because they don't bend! There is a large selection of sniper drag bags out there that offer great protection for a scoped rifle, but have several large pockets that can be stuffed with everything you need to make it rock! With the weapon removed, you can use it as a sleeping or shooting matt if you need one.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1509 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 3280

Thanks, I'm definitely going to add a couple of extra drag bags.

Old 02-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #5

Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker
Thanks, I'm definitely going to add a couple of extra drag bags.
WWW.natchezss.com

Got my eagle dragbags for $125ea. Call for stock status. Eagle is known to be top shelf and my experience supports. $125 is a STEAL!
Built AR-15, 5.56 & .300 AAC Blackout tops
Yugoslavian AK-47
Remington 1100 Tactical Shotgun
Remington 1100 Shotgun
Crosman 760 pump gun <smirk>
M1 Garand .30-06
M1903 Springfield Sporter .30-06
Sig Sauer P250 Sub Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer TacOps 1911