Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Gun Case / Drag Bag? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/gun-case-drag-bag-58551/)

TLuker 02-23-2012 02:21 AM

Gun Case / Drag Bag?

I was just reorganizing some of my shooting gear like my range bag and that got me to thinking. What would be the best way to carry all of your gun gear in a bug out situation? I keep a soft case (more of a light drag bag) stocked with stuff like magazines and cleaning supplies. It's great for trips to the range and keeps everything together with my gun. I was thinking hard about getting larger heavy drag bags for other rifles just because it's so handy. Each bag would be gun specific since it's full of clips and ammo. Those same bags would be great for bugging out in my vehicle, but wouldn't work very well on foot. A drag bag would just be extra weight to carry, especially a heavy duty one. A drag bag would be great though if it weren't for the weight. So what would be a light weight alternative besides just throwing everything in a BOB along with everything else?

A buddy just got a tactical vest and that would be great for mags and such, but I wouldn't want to walk around looking "tactical". Other than the appearance something like a tactical vest would be great. I'm just looking for some ideas on how to keep everything organized and ready, without standing out.

JeffCooper 02-26-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLuker
I was just reorganizing some of my shooting gear like my range bag and that got me to thinking. What would be the best way to carry all of your gun gear in a bug out situation? I keep a soft case (more of a light drag bag) stocked with stuff like magazines and cleaning supplies. It's great for trips to the range and keeps everything together with my gun. I was thinking hard about getting larger heavy drag bags for other rifles just because it's so handy. Each bag would be gun specific since it's full of clips and ammo. Those same bags would be great for bugging out in my vehicle, but wouldn't work very well on foot. A drag bag would just be extra weight to carry, especially a heavy duty one. A drag bag would be great though if it weren't for the weight. So what would be a light weight alternative besides just throwing everything in a BOB along with everything else?

A buddy just got a tactical vest and that would be great for mags and such, but I wouldn't want to walk around looking "tactical". Other than the appearance something like a tactical vest would be great. I'm just looking for some ideas on how to keep everything organized and ready, without standing out.

Love my Eagle drag bags which handle my longest rifle ...50" colt with scope. Nanchez had a killer deal on them. They hold a ton of stuff and are made in America to MILSPECs.

I also got a great deal from SigSauer on a discreet case for my zombie killer...oddles of storage...$100 with 2 PMAGS

Greg_E 02-26-2012 09:16 PM

Stay away from hard cases if possible, because they don't bend! There is a large selection of sniper drag bags out there that offer great protection for a scoped rifle, but have several large pockets that can be stuffed with everything you need to make it rock! With the weapon removed, you can use it as a sleeping or shooting matt if you need one.

TLuker 02-26-2012 10:52 PM

Thanks, I'm definitely going to add a couple of extra drag bags.

JeffCooper 02-27-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLuker
Thanks, I'm definitely going to add a couple of extra drag bags.

WWW.natchezss.com

Got my eagle dragbags for $125ea. Call for stock status. Eagle is known to be top shelf and my experience supports. $125 is a STEAL!