Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > a good knife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #31
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2686 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy View Post
If you wear a big belt buckle put the knife behind the belt buckle and when you go thru tell them your belt buckle will set it off they will have you take every thing out of your pockets and run the wand over you after setting it off and the belt buckle will set it off the bigger the buckle the bigger the knife
A novel idea, except they will have you remove the eblt and buckle. They may be TSA, but that very scenario has been thought of and dealt with.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ

So let me get this straight. You are actually suggesting that someone break federal law? While I don't agree at all with the TSA or the effectiveness of that agency. I draw the line at breaking the law let alone going on a public forum and advocating doing so.
No I'm not saying break the law but the only law that matters is the constitution and I haven't seen anything about that in the constitution since it would be against our 2nd amendment right anyway

Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1800 Times on 1287 Posts
Likes Given: 2026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturnsdale View Post
There are many good quality knives out there now at a decent price. But I kinda like my own. Though not everyone has the time, money, or desire to get into blacksmithing.

I am still new into it, so I am still learning the basics.
That looks to be a carpet knife.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 10-06-2012, 01:47 PM   #34

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm

A novel idea, except they will have you remove the eblt and buckle. They may be TSA, but that very scenario has been thought of and dealt with.
They have never had me to but that's cause if I do my pants will fall down and I'm not dealing with an embarrassment like that and the 4th amendment is what helps cause we have a right to not be illegally searched and things seized when you force the issue of your rights they can't do much but the air Marshall's will be told to keep an eye on you

Old 10-06-2012, 01:51 PM   #35

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
No I'm not saying break the law but the only law that matters is the constitution and I haven't seen anything about that in the constitution since it would be against our 2nd amendment right anyway
Actually you are advocating breaking the law. Whether or not you think this law is just doesn't matter. Get arrested for it and let me know how that works out for you.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #36

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ

Actually you are advocating breaking the law. Whether or not you think this law is just doesn't matter. Get arrested for it and let me know how that works out for you.
How do you figure it's breaking law when they can't forcibly search you????? I travel for a living I do it all the time and my dad does it when he travels

Old 10-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #37

Liked 643 Times on 398 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
How do you figure it's breaking law when they can't forcibly search you????? I travel for a living I do it all the time and my dad does it when he travels
Have you ever seen the disclaimers in the airport, on your ticket, in the fine print on the website when you buy your ticket, etc that say something to the effect of. "By entering these premises you agree to submit to any and all searches that may be deemed necessary by the TSA or airport or government personnel."? The 4th amendment becomes null in void the second you pass one of those signs.

Edit: Also, have you noticed that they send everything that you take off through the xray machine? If you've done this and gotten away with it, then someone was asleep because an Xray machine can see a knife behind a beltbuckle.

“Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong only to to himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave.”

“If you are unwilling to defend your right to your own lives, then you are merely like mice trying to argue with owls. You think their ways are wrong. They think you are dinner.”

“Pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent."

“Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”

Last edited by Eturnsdale; 10-06-2012 at 02:12 PM.
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 10-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #38

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Getting caught accidently forgetting you have a knife is one thing....deliberatly caught smuggling one on an airplane is another. Good luck with that

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 PM   #39

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

The "rebel" here does no such thing. Obviously doesn't fly. At least not since 9/11 and, given this acting-out, I suspect he will never be afforded the opportunity going forward. I think he is a fibber, doesn't understand basic issues, and is confusing what is and isn't a right like most Ron Paul anarchist-indoctrinated Libertarian cult members.

Back to the subject, if you like the idea of a multipurpose tool including having sharp pointy things on the end of your AR in emergency situations...

OKC's 7-1/2" serrated M-10* Tanto (US Army) is at least full tang and a harder edge-holding steel than junk M-9 bayonets. The new "System," as they call it, is a lighter implement and offers wire-cutter tool capability with the hard (M-9 type) sheath. You'll note the cutout in the first half of the blade below vs. the pic of my earlier one above.

For simple value though, a surplus M-7 "pig-sticker" bayonet can't be beat.

*Don't confuse this OKC M-10 with the US M-10; the latter is an improved knife steel (1095 carbon steel) version of the original issue M-9 -- the US M-9 was a cheap stainless bowie-knife shaped pointy prybar and the GI M-10 replacement is a truer bowie-knife bayonet. Either are superior to the M-9, and the OKC M-10 Tanto System is probably one of the best all-around options for a pointy cutting thing on your belt when there's an AR at hand, especially in a bugout situation.

okc-10-tanto-bayonet-system.jpg  

Last edited by HockaLouis; 10-07-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #40

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

I love my buck 119 special. 35$ on sale it was a steal. I picked one up and I love it! It came razor sharp and feels great, and has a good sheath!

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.