Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Survival & Sustenance Living Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   Gold, Guns, & Get-away-plan (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f51/gold-guns-get-away-plan-67940/)

PanBaccha 07-09-2012 08:13 PM

Gold, Guns, & Get-away-plan

Gerald Celente, publisher of Trends Journal, often states the simple:
"Gold, guns, and a get-away plan is what is needed for what is coming"
But just where does one begin to buy gold, as shady businesses and rip-off
establishments are aplenty out there. Where can one buy gold today? :confused:

mountainman13 07-09-2012 08:20 PM

Gold is at an all time high. Bad time to buy it. Silver is a better option and is less likely to be confiscated by the government ad gold has been in the past.

bkt 07-09-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha (Post 864701)
Gerald Celente, publisher of Trends Journal, often states the simple:
"Gold, guns, and a get-away plan is what is needed for what is coming"
But just where does one begin to buy gold, as shady businesses and rip-off
establishments are aplenty out there. Where can one buy gold today? :confused:

Go online and look at the current spot price. At the moment, it's $1587.40. You should expect to pay between $20 and $60 over spot (per ounce). Call around local coin stores and ask what they're charging. If it's in that ballpark, go ahead and buy. Buy bullion, not numismatic coins.

bkt 07-09-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 864706)
Gold is at an all time high. Bad time to buy it. Silver is a better option and is less likely to be confiscated by the government ad gold has been in the past.

Silver is at a really, really good price right now and it arguably makes more sense to buy silver than gold as an individual anyway.

But it is always a good time to trade Federal Reserve Notes for money.

PanBaccha 07-10-2012 02:33 PM

As an afterthought I thought it entertaining to hear Gerald Celente on a different but same (huh?) issue: GOLD ;)

clr8ter 07-13-2012 12:09 AM

Gold & silver is easy to buy. I have 7-8 dealers near me, some with better prices &/or more stock. Just know what you are looking at. If you're buying gold for SHTF, I wouldn't worry about the Govt. Even in the 30's, it's not like they went knocking on anyone's door.....just keep it out of the safe deposit box. I suspect that if they made it illegal to own gold again, there'd be a black market that would spring up pretty quick......

Quote:

Silver is at a really, really good price right now and it arguably makes more sense to buy silver than gold as an individual anyway.

But it is always a good time to trade Federal Reserve Notes for money.
+10

rjd3282 07-13-2012 12:17 AM

I'm more interested in the get away plan. Just where does one think they will go?

Mark58103 07-13-2012 12:48 AM

Come to North Dakota. Everyone else and his brother is moving in!

HockaLouis 07-13-2012 01:28 AM

Y do u think silver is a good buy now!?

bkt 07-13-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 868069)
Y do u think silver is a good buy now!?

Throughout most of recorded history, silver has been worth about 1/16 that of gold. That is, 16 ounces of silver more or less had the same value as 1 ounce of gold. This ratio changed during the silver boom in this country in the 19th century. However, silver is used in industry FAR more than gold in ways where it cannot be recovered. Some estimate as much as 95% of all silver ever mined has been lost to industrial uses. There is actually far less physical silver above-ground than there is gold today. Today, the value ratio is 1:57. Silver is undervalued big-time.

Not long ago, silver peaked at $50/ounce and stayed in the $38-$45/oz range for a long time. That it is now only $27/oz or so means it's a good time to buy. But as I said before, no matter what the cost, it is always a good time to exchange Federal Reserve Notes for money. :)