Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > "Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default "Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse"

That really is the title of a book written by Victor Gischler. I just finished it and it was different and interesting. It will never be a classic, but it's a good read. Just an FYI.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 02-07-2011 at 06:46 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #2

Just read "World War Z" about the zombie apocalypse and it's also a very good read. Great to hear of another potential good read. I'll get it and give it a go.
Thanks for the recommendation.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

The most realistic book I've read is "One Second After" by Wm. Forstchen. It's definitely worth reading.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #4

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I read One Second After the summer before last. Scared me into some real thought about preparation.

I finished "The Illuminati" a couple of months ago. Written by Larry Burkett.
A hard read at first, difficult for me to get interested, but after the first half things move faster. Story about puppetry at world wide level to get control of everyone. Not so much a teotwawki book, but thought provoking.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:18 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Thanks for the tip.

I just started a thread for folks to post their favorite apocalypse/doomsday/preparation books. Please add your input.