Global Economic Change? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Global Economic Change?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,925
Liked 1408 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 3019

Default

BKT, good observation about a strong dollar hurting our exports. At the moment I can't imagine the world change to any other reserve currency. At the end of day, I don't think anyone really trusts China or Russia (too totalitarian), and Germany will have its own problems if the Euro collapses.

Global instability will hurt us because we need to be exporting more and that is not going to happen if the world's economy collapses. On the flip side, the price of everything would go down because the value of the dollar would rise simply because there really is no viable alternative?

JonM - There were strong capitalistic governments in control of Germany after WWI, the allies. Germany didn't stand a chance after WWI because of the economic position we put them in following the war. That is in part why WWII was all but inevitable, and that is why the Marshal plan was enacted following WWII.

I guess my biggest concern is Russia. All it will take is someone in Russia getting ambitions of empire again and Europe would likely fall pretty quick (it will be called a foreclosure and Germany could help Russia pull that off). China pretty well controls Asia now. The US would become the dominate power in North and South America only. I can easily see the world being divided up in that manner?

__________________
TLuker is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Johnny357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 174
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodweisen View Post
CAPITALISM!!! Its how we rose to be the last standing SUPERPOWER in the world and i think that we wont fall and this is why.
We rose to be the last superpower in the world because after the ashes of WW2 settled we were the only country left with any modern manufacturing capability. It took Europe and Asia decades to rebuild industries, plus they lost a lot of labor in the military and civilian casualties. Meanwhile the U.S. had all these nice new chemical, tank, and plane factories that could switch from war material to supplying the goods that the rest of the world needed. Our mighty middle class arose from that post-war honeymoon when there was plenty of demand for everyone here to get fat off of. Now we are in the hangover decades when things are settling back to where nobody is buying what we are selling.
__________________
Johnny357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 134
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Sorry folks. Not trying to start trouble. Just making points with the facts that are out there. IMF is who decides the World's Reserve Currency. They are not happy with the US and since our small downgrade and talk of another, they can take it from us without much notice.

That is what I prep even harder for now. Wasn't trying to be polictical as much give my reasons for being ready to go to ground, if need be.

I hope it never happens, but as one big banker has said, "The USA's finance is as safe as Peral Harbor was.....".

There are forces out there that are not looking out for our best interest.

I hope I'm wrong more than you think I am.....I'll be the first to be relieved.

Jimmy

__________________

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Jimmy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mrm14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento, California
Posts: 2,411
Liked 322 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

I don't think that Germany will allow itself to go through what it did after WWI and before Hitler. That being said and the Deutch mark being reprinted is merely hedging it's bet. A Polish world history teacher of mine in 1972 and who fought the Germans in WWII did say that if ever west and east Berlin rejoined to watch out.

China is on the verge of hyperinflation and Russia is still a total mess. However, China may be trying to become a super power as it needs resources like oil.

Just my 2 cents worth.

__________________
A good piece of glass is like a fine piece of ass. There is no known substitute known to man, and neither are cheap.
mrm14 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:23 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
TLuker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: S.C.
Posts: 2,925
Liked 1408 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 3019

Default

Jimmy, I agree that a lot of folks aren't happy with our financial status but I just can't really see any real alternative to the dollar right now? But who knows?

I really don't have a clue as to what is going to happen economically, but militarily my money is on Russia dominating Europe in the near future. I also have no idea how that will workout in regard to NATO and us, but NATO already seems to be failing apart? I can also see a lot of wealth fleeing from Europe ahead of the Russians and heading here, and every economy would be in trouble.

__________________
TLuker is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:22 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dennis845's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE,TN
Posts: 273
Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

I must say, there's some smart people here that's aware of exactly what's happening and what may occur. The majority of Americans are oblivious to what's occurring and assume their lives will not change. Personally, based on history and the modern philosophy of the elite and liberals, I believe the world is ripe for a one world currency. When the house of faith based fiat cards finally crumbles, there will be no other fiat system acceptable. We have the United Nations, World Trade Organization, World Bank, etc. etc. Doesn't it make sense with these controls in place to next have a one world currency, then a world army for enforcement? The "enlightened" believe wars will be a thing of the past with a one world government. A one world currency would promote trade and ease payment barriers (think European Union).

If you disagree with me, take it up with my chicken bones, Tara cards, and crystal ball, they told me

__________________
I think, therefore I am...
Dennis845 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:42 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 2,951
Liked 943 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 206

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis845 View Post
A one world currency would promote trade and ease payment barriers (think European Union).
How is that working in Europe right now? Expand it from the couple dozen countries to almost 200, not a chance in hell!
__________________
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:52 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit,mi
Posts: 2,951
Liked 943 Times on 574 Posts
Likes Given: 206

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
Sorry folks. Not trying to start trouble. Just making points with the facts that are out there. IMF is who decides the World's Reserve Currency.
USD is 2/3 of the global reserve currency. Euro is another 25%. Not only that, but the US banks, thanks to CDS and derivatives, are back stopping the Euro. That puts the USD directly or indirectly reserve currency for an extremely high percentage of the global money.

Euro is in deep doodoo, China is overly dependent on trade with US, Japan has their own problems. US, in spite of all it's issues, is still the global reserve currency and will be for many more years.
__________________
partdeux is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 134
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
USD is 2/3 of the global reserve currency. Euro is another 25%. Not only that, but the US banks, thanks to CDS and derivatives, are back stopping the Euro. That puts the USD directly or indirectly reserve currency for an extremely high percentage of the global money.

Euro is in deep doodoo, China is overly dependent on trade with US, Japan has their own problems. US, in spite of all it's issues, is still the global reserve currency and will be for many more years.
Not what I'm reading, but I really do hope your right.

Jimmy
__________________

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Jimmy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:54 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 134
Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis845 View Post
I must say, there's some smart people here that's aware of exactly what's happening and what may occur. The majority of Americans are oblivious to what's occurring and assume their lives will not change. Personally, based on history and the modern philosophy of the elite and liberals, I believe the world is ripe for a one world currency. When the house of faith based fiat cards finally crumbles, there will be no other fiat system acceptable. We have the United Nations, World Trade Organization, World Bank, etc. etc. Doesn't it make sense with these controls in place to next have a one world currency, then a world army for enforcement? The "enlightened" believe wars will be a thing of the past with a one world government. A one world currency would promote trade and ease payment barriers (think European Union).

If you disagree with me, take it up with my chicken bones, Tara cards, and crystal ball, they told me
Ok I believe you.

Jimmy
__________________

Make sure your not someone's PITA....

Hope for better, prepared for worst...

Jimmy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
what to change for change of caliber? Twpbaseball10 Gunsmithing Forum 4 12-02-2010 02:53 PM
Change barrel or change gun Thelt General Shotgun Discussion 5 11-18-2010 02:23 PM
Economic Meltdown falseharmonix The Club House 4 06-11-2009 06:41 PM
Economic overview aslocumb Politics, Religion and Controversy 0 10-08-2008 08:34 PM