Getting ready for zombies?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Getting ready for zombies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Default Getting ready for zombies?

This is for all of us skeptics:
http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/zombies.htm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I love how the CDC handled this whole thing.

So, for those that don't know.....

Every month/quarter/year/whatever a small team is pretty much in charge of putting out the official "CDC Be Prepared" announcement and it includes facts and figures about swine flu, influenza, the common cold, etc. It's all pretty dry stuff and for the most part the media doesn't take notice.

So the team who has to do this report is a group of HUGE horror film and zombie fans and they decided to make an "official" announcement that the CDC did not recognize any official zombie threat, but that they do suggest being prepared for the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, just in case.

It was all tongue in cheek, and it slipped through all cursory oversight. Then it hit the media and it blew up BIG TIME. This report was on every news cast, it was mentioned on all the talk shows, and it got the information out there to be prepared.

So someone gets the idea that someone was obviously fired and wants to do a follow up piece, so they call and interview Dr. Ali Khan, who is the Director of the CDC, Assistant US Surgeon General and is a huge, bigtime deal in the world of medical bio-terrorism and the like, and is also the leader of the team that put out the Zombie Warning.

His response was classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Khan
There are all kinds of emergencies out there that we can prepare for," the posting reads. "Take a zombie apocalypse for example. That's right, I said z-o-m-b-i-e a-p-o-c-a-l-y-p-s-e. You may laugh now, but when it happens you'll be happy you read this, and hey, maybe you'll even learn a thing or two about how to prepare for a real emergency."
Now I don't know about you, but that is the type of guy I would like to work with/for. Takes getting his information out so seriously he is willing to embrace the unbelievable to get his point across.

That. Is. Awesome!

The resulting post, made by Dr. Khan, had some many hits it crashed the CDC server over the first night it made news.....LOL

Old 10-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Haha that's gonna back fire and a lot of ppl are gonna freak out. But it is true if you are prepared for zombies everything else that could happen will be a walk in the park

Old 10-17-2012, 05:58 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooley6960 View Post
Haha that's gonna back fire and a lot of ppl are gonna freak out. But it is true if you are prepared for zombies everything else that could happen will be a walk in the park
It hasn't backfired at all actually. The CDC has seen sharp rises in the number of visitors to their informational pages and they estimate preparations by the average American are up since their initial announcement.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I don't know man I would say the only reason people are going to there site is because it's funny, but it is a good idea people love that stuff

Old 10-20-2012, 07:41 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 652 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 3612

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcooley6960 View Post
And that was the point of this (not the freaking people out part).

Insert witty comment here......

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Old 10-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

And that was the point of this (not the freaking people out part).
Yea I know?