Getting Organized???? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Getting Organized????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1180 Times on 757 Posts
Likes Given: 2283

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
A place for everything and everything in its place.
I think you nailed it. I have to just take the time to really think of how to create a place for everything.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 873 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 81

Its funny how you can alway justify keeping something instead of throwing it away, or giving it away!!

JP-US Naval Aviation AMSC 20 years ( retired) ASW/Aircrew Wings
US Naval Academy Shooting Instructor (Annapolis) and shooting team member
Alway keep your six covered

People Like This 
Old 05-13-2013, 09:07 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2997 Times on 1716 Posts
Likes Given: 17669

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
If you uncover something you don't recognize, post a photo and let us guess what it is.
LOL..! I still have a head-ache , that stuff ole Bobski put out there was mind boggling . eeeek..! Never saw so many things I had not a clue..!

And Tluker , you are. Off and running with a clear and solid plan.! It is now , one painfully slow step at a time , but with your goals in view ..! Just a matter of time from now on . Even with the best laid plans , compromise may be an absolute . Make your concessions and priorities now and slowly forge on my man, you can see the finish line almost..!

Last edited by dango; 05-13-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #14

Liked 929 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 580

OK, Tluker, you have a point. Now, not to go too far off subject, but I like old soda bottles, too, especially the Pepsi brand. So, lets see it!!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
OK, Tluker, you have a point. Now, not to go too far off subject, but I like old soda bottles, too, especially the Pepsi brand. So, lets see it!!
p1.jpg

p2.jpg

The picture really doesn't do it justice, and they aren't nearly as scratched as they appear. "The Sanitary Plant" is embossed on the shoulder of the Pepsi bottle. "Pepsi-Cola" is embossed on the bottom in cursive script along with "Greenwood S.C." The bottle is probably around 1910.

Beside it is a 1921 Coke bottle I found at the same site. I found the bottom of another Pepsi bottle that was around 1906 and my buddy found one not broken from around 1906. It was similar to the one shown but the script was different.

That was a good day.

Last edited by TLuker; 05-15-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #16

Liked 929 Times on 615 Posts
Likes Given: 580

Cool. In the past, I have found similar ones while picking up trash along the side of the road with the Boy Scouts....

Old 05-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #17

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Ok so I have been thinking about this post since I found it yesterday. It sound s like you have quite a bit to store. My first question would be: do you know what type of storage space you will have where you are going...or are you more curious on how to organize all of it?

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 05-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
Ok so I have been thinking about this post since I found it yesterday. It sound s like you have quite a bit to store. My first question would be: do you know what type of storage space you will have where you are going...or are you more curious on how to organize all of it?
I'm more curious on how to organize it all, and how to organize it in a way that keeps much of it easily accessible. How do I store all the small items in an organized manner and all the big items. I try to keep things together by groups such as all gun stuff here. The problem is that there is a lot of overlap such as with small screws and the small stuff and big stuff generally require two locations and methods. Then there is all the general use stuff like hardware that has multiple uses, like those small screws. I'm starting to think it might be best to store things by what they are and not what they are used for, i.e. all screws go here. I'm just thinking out loud here and looking for some ideas.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #19

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLuker View Post

I'm more curious on how to organize it all, and how to organize it in a way that keeps much of it easily accessible. How do I store all the small items in an organized manner and all the big items. I try to keep things together by groups such as all gun stuff here. The problem is that there is a lot of overlap such as with small screws and the small stuff and big stuff generally require two locations and methods. Then there is all the general use stuff like hardware that has multiple uses, like those small screws. I'm starting to think it might be best to store things by what they are and not what they are used for, i.e. all screws go here. I'm just thinking out loud here and looking for some ideas.
Ok...i am a bit ocd about organization when it comes to my hobbies..here are some suggestions:

Hunting: safe, locker style cabinet for ammo and equipment, trunk locker for clothing
Fishing: I like shelving for easy access, but big plastic totes work great for tackle and reels...case for rods or bind with packing plastic all together (I have a display rack for mine.
Hardware: one idea is to buy a plastic toolbox, seperate fasteners into like groups and store. Revently I switched to a bin system..easier to find what u neex but difficult to transport.
Tools: large chest for hand tools...power tools I put in their cases and store on shelving (bought cases/toolboxes for those that did not have them)
Garden tools: I have amodular wallsystem that I hang all my garden tools and ladders...but theymake cornerracks for them also.
Other items: big, cheap, plastic bins are always my goto....group and label. I also like floor to ceiling shelving ....least used on top, most used at arms reach, and bulky items on bottom and the bins will fit on my floor to cieling shelving.

Only other suggestion is rafter space....people forget about the storage ability there. I left my rafters open when I finished my garage.

Hope this helps!

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

TLuker Likes This 
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Take a lesson from business.

I have a spreadsheet. Kept on a laptop that has a spare battery pack and sol;ar charger. (Backed up on a flash drive)

If I need batteries, they're in row six, shelf 5 section b. The sheet tells me that there are 36 AA duracells, and the oldest were purchased in Sept of 2010. If I take 4 of them, AA Duracells go on the grocery list and the sheet is updated.

My "serious" 9mm ammo is on row 5, shelf one, cans 1-5. Can one being the oldest, purchased in March, 1981.

Winston Churchill
TLuker Likes This