Get Home Bag for wife - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Get Home Bag for wife

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 52 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I can only imagine if a LEO were to find a gun in a ziplock bag on you or in your car it would go badly for you. Isn't that how they store evidence, or maybe a "throwaway gun" used to plant evidence? Just sayin'.
I'm not likely to be in a place where I have to worry about a LEO finding mine. I concur with the majority in another thread that was about consenting to a search of vehicles that I will not without a warrant. I don't use the plastic bag. I have a molle pouch on my pack with a little sumpin' sumpin' if I need it. The pouch is closed, hence sealed.

Join the NRA! Stop the Brady madness!

Old 01-17-2012, 07:47 PM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 171 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
Thanks for all the replies. I have gotten some good ideas that I wouldn't have thought of until it was too late to do anything about without y'all chiming in. I need to force myself to think like she would instead of how I would behave or act.

We are very compatible, but very different people. She came out here to the boonies after growing up in and around KC. I ran up and down the creek building forts and shelters from the time I was allowed out of the house. My friends and I would spend Christmas break from school camping without tents, relying on our .22's and shotguns to feed us. My wife will camp primitively, but does not care for it much. She will hike, but is a follower. She is always in condition white where I'm usually not lower than yellow unless at home.
Big thumbs up for these tidbits:
Evacuation/travel route- Need to develop these for various situations. Teach her to stay off of roads and not trust everyone she sees.

Communications-FRS/GMRS radios with set frequecies and contact times when there is an emergency.

Stungun/bad guy zapper-would be an unexpected danger to someone messing with her.

Hard candy-I carry some in my vehicle all the time and have some in my pack. Didn't give a thought to putting some in hers.

Implied but not stated-Maps-I have travelled all over the state and know the main roads and most county roads for counties around me. My wife is good only with the main state and fed highways. Need to figure how to make a Gazeteer map small and waterproof.
For maps, I keep map booklets in my vehicle under the seat at all times. They have backroads in them also. Enough booklets to get from California to Colorado.

You may want to put the same in your vehicle and hers too.

But more important, the two of you should plan an evac-reuniting route, that she will follow, so that you can come half way to find her. She may need your help. Communications may be completely out. The only thing you can trust is direct radio to radio comm, with fresh batteries in them already. Nothing with an interface, like cell phone or satellite.

And you are right, you need to try to think like her, not like yourself.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10674

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
I'm not likely to be in a place where I have to worry about a LEO finding mine. I concur with the majority in another thread that was about consenting to a search of vehicles that I will not without a warrant. I don't use the plastic bag. I have a molle pouch on my pack with a little sumpin' sumpin' if I need it. The pouch is closed, hence sealed.
Um. TMI dude.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 01-18-2012 at 05:54 AM.