Generators and fuel storage - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > Generators and fuel storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 984 Times on 649 Posts
Likes Given: 632

^^^That is what I use. I think the "Turns crap fuel back to useable fuel" part is, uhhhh.....crap.

Old 12-16-2012, 01:17 AM   #42

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
^^^That is what I use. I think the "Turns crap fuel back to useable fuel" part is, uhhhh.....crap.
I figured as much but 2 yr fuel storage is pretty amazing especially with the way fuels now a days degrade so fast . This stuff eating sludge in the carbs is also a bonus feature .

Old 12-16-2012, 01:42 AM   #43

Uhhh, does it say those 2 things on the bottle? I'll have to check. As far as I am aware, all it does is lengthen the storage time a couple months. Not supposed to fix any carb varnish problems, or anything. Specifically, it stops the alcohol from forming a jelly with any water it comes into contact with. That's it.

OK. Their website says it lengthens storage time by AT LEAST 1 year. And reduces emissions, and reduces carbon build up. In addition to stopping the alcohol from emulsifying with the water. Nothing about cleaning varnish, or 2 year storage. Apparently, that salesman was real anxious to sell you some. (I'd still buy it.)

And, I've been meaning to ask, is that your picture in your Avatar? Inquiring minds want to know. Why is there no button to like someone's Avatar?

Last edited by clr8ter; 12-16-2012 at 01:49 AM.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:05 AM   #44

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I run two of these ,(1) each on both my fiber optic splicing trailers. The handles, landing gear, and wheels are removed for mounting on the trailers. They can be re-installed if need be. Also, they have remote electric start.

http://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/models/eu6500is

These suckers are pretty darn quiet.

Last edited by mrm14; 12-16-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #45

Liked 22 Times on 11 Posts

I thought it was the chick from the big bang theory.( tv show) kaley something?

Old 12-16-2012, 02:24 AM   #46

Those Hondas are sweet. I'd've bought one if they weren't almost 5 grand.

You know, now that you mention it, maybe that is her. I hate that show, but she's WAY hot!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #47

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
Uhhh, does it say those 2 things on the bottle? I'll have to check. As far as I am aware, all it does is lengthen the storage time a couple months. Not supposed to fix any carb varnish problems, or anything. Specifically, it stops the alcohol from forming a jelly with any water it comes into contact with. That's it.

OK. Their website says it lengthens storage time by AT LEAST 1 year. And reduces emissions, and reduces carbon build up. In addition to stopping the alcohol from emulsifying with the water. Nothing about cleaning varnish, or 2 year storage. Apparently, that salesman was real anxious to sell you some. (I'd still buy it.)

And, I've been meaning to ask, is that your picture in your Avatar? Inquiring minds want to know. Why is there no button to like someone's Avatar?
No I read on the back of the display box it said 2 year storage I remember that' He pushed off that the enzymes in it and eat at varnish deposits . Hell I didn't even buy it he gave it to me for free

Old 12-16-2012, 11:22 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Being an emergency gen tech, first thing is to avoid anything Generac, also known as generjunk. Check out Nothern Tool and their Northstar line. I have a Northstar 13kw gas w/ a 20 hp honda engine that will run the AC, reefers, water heater, outlets. Bought the wheel kit so it can be pushed around. Figure out what your needs are and buy accordingly. Also be aware of fuel burn, gph. There was a generjunk 23kw going for the same price as the 13kw northstar, but burned 8 gph an hour! You'd need a fuel truck in your driveway. Buy plenty of gas cans and a siphon hose. When SHTF forget about gas stations. I don't use a transfer switch. I use a spare 50a breaker that I tie right to, but lock out the main breaker so nobody gets killed out on the pole. If you have any questions about brands or sizes, just ask.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #49

So what's the matter with Generac? I got one, and like it. You seem to be in the minority not liking them......my single complaint so far is that they seem to be a little loud for a premium brand. Not a big deal, though, since there is a garage between it and the rest of the house.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:43 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 137

When the Generac service company I went to work for, sent me to their generjunk service class to learn about their machines, I got a firsthand look at the crap I would be working on and promptly quit. Went to work for Kohler.