Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > Survival & Sustenance Living Forum > FT Survival

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill-Zone View Post
Close enough vaporize the whole thing ! AS FAR AS BEING INSIDE THE LINES whats wrong with where we are ? dont want to many DUCK'S in one pond....
Depending on what the SHTF scenario is, yes, it would be better to stay by yourself. (I think you liked The Happening too much, worse movie ever) But generally, it would be a good idea to group together to increase the survival rate. If there is total collapse of our government, and there are riots everywhere, possible invading armies, zombies (or other disease stricken blood thirsty human pupets), or god forbid, our own government turning into a dictatorship, then I'm going to want as many weapon wielding, intelligent, survival motivated people as possible next to me. Another good thing about groups is the mandatory chores can be divided up to make everyone's life easier.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #52

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
John Connor didn't think he was anything special or the one to save the world either. You're playing the part perfectly.
LOL - I hadn't thought of that. But trust me, there are better sources for leadership in a survival situation here on this forum.

JD

Old 02-16-2009, 02:30 PM   #53

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
LOL - I hadn't thought of that. But trust me, there are better sources for leadership in a survival situation here on this forum.

JD
There you go again. Your the world's savior, JD. Better start reading the manual on Skynet. Should I start calling you JC??

Is your next build going to be a 1911 wielding Terminator?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #54

Only if Canebrake tries to bully me into ANOTHER project and then steal it back from under me.

JD - Not to be confused with John Connor, or any other real leader of crisis

Old 02-16-2009, 06:13 PM   #55

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

lol. Kind of hard to steal a Terminator idea. I'm a witness if he tries anything funny.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-17-2009, 12:35 AM   #56

Ya all seen the movie RED-DAWN movie right ? well it seem's to me if some idiot turn's on ya and RAT'S YA POSITION OUT then what you gonna shoot ya brother or best friend ? TRUST NO-ONE ! you''ll live longer.....

Old 02-17-2009, 01:15 AM   #57

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill-Zone View Post
Ya all seen the movie RED-DAWN movie right ? well it seem's to me if some idiot turn's on ya and RAT'S YA POSITION OUT then what you gonna shoot ya brother or best friend ? TRUST NO-ONE ! you''ll live longer.....
There are several reasons I can think of that I would rather have other like-minded folks around.

1) as dnthmn2004 already pointed out, chores can be divided among the group and make everyone's lives easier.

2) again, as dnthmn2004 pointed out, if an army of looters, rioters, gas-scavengers (sorry, just watched the Mad Max trilogy) or human flesh devouring zombies comes my way, I'd most certainly like a few other guns pointing the same direction as mine.

3) The mental stress of being isolated for long periods of time is not to be underestimated. Just ask anyone who's been in isolation....total darkness, no human contact whatsoever, no concept of time passing, no idea what is going on in the world around you....It can very easily be the death of you, or the break-down of your mental stability, if you lose hope (sorry, not the BHO kinda hope) in your situation. Others around you will in theory help you to survive if for the sense of community alone.

4) When hell is done freezing over, you will have established a group of people that are capable of setting up larger cities, rebuilding government, and in the long run, rebuilding your society.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:18 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post
There are several reasons I can think of that I would rather have other like-minded folks around.

1) as dnthmn2004 already pointed out, chores can be divided among the group and make everyone's lives easier.

2) again, as dnthmn2004 pointed out, if an army of looters, rioters, gas-scavengers (sorry, just watched the Mad Max trilogy) or human flesh devouring zombies comes my way, I'd most certainly like a few other guns pointing the same direction as mine.

3) The mental stress of being isolated for long periods of time is not to be underestimated. Just ask anyone who's been in isolation....total darkness, no human contact whatsoever, no concept of time passing, no idea what is going on in the world around you....It can very easily be the death of you, or the break-down of your mental stability, if you lose hope (sorry, not the BHO kinda hope) in your situation. Others around you will in theory help you to survive if for the sense of community alone.

4) When hell is done freezing over, you will have established a group of people that are capable of setting up larger cities, rebuilding government, and in the long run, rebuilding your society.
Quoted for Truth - Even though we don't see the same ground on the whole Islam thing - you are still welcome with us anytime FalseH.

JD

Old 02-17-2009, 01:34 AM   #59

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Quoted for Truth - Even though we don't see the same ground on the whole Islam thing - you are still welcome with us anytime FalseH.

JD
Meh, I think I we agree on mostly everything, I'm just a pain in the @$$